This kind of letter is made as to the response of an employee’s resignation letter. The purpose of acceptance of resignation letter, as its name, is to inform that you accept your employee’s resignation and will start to process it. Basically, it contains a statement that you accept the resignation and the date it will be effective, thanking their service, and invitation of the next exit interview. In this article, we will give you some guidance about making an acceptance of resignation letter.
Steps in Writing a Resignation Acceptance Letter
Here are the steps that you need to make a good acceptance of resignation letter:
- Jot down your name, position, and address.
- Write the date you are writing the letter.
- State the name and address of your employee.
- Write the proper salutation.
- Express that you regret their resignation.
- Thanking their services.
- Add your contact information.
- Offer them to provide a reference (optional).
- Close with your signature and name.
- Proofread and fix your letter.
The contents of it may not be in order as that one. You do not have to follow all of the points of the steps, suits it to your liking as long as it still sounds formal.
Keys to Make a Good Acceptance of Resignation letter
- Keep it formal. This is a business letter, so better to watch out for the words. Proofread and recheck it may help you.
- Brief and clear. No need to give details about the resignation process. That is why you need to add contact information.
- Make it sounds respectful. Show your respect by thanking them for their works and showing your grief about losing them from your company.
A Good Sample of Resignation Acceptance Letter
Here is a brief sample of resignation acceptance letter contents.
Dear Mr. Howard
I regret that you have decided to leave ABC Inc. I understand your reason to quit, and your resignation letter has been acknowledged and accepted formally on July 7th. As you requested, your final day in ABC Inc. will be on July 15, 2021.
It feels great to work with you for five years. Your support, spirit, and energy have been a great help for the success of ABC Inc. We will not forget how your hard work has been inspiring us.
To make the transition process smooth, you need to attend an exit interview which will be scheduled next. If you have any questions regarding the resignation process, the schedule of the exit interview, and recommendation letter for your future job, feel free to contact Mrs. Emily at (444) 444-4444 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for the five years of hard work at ABC Inc.
Marketing Strategies Department
That is a simple guide about making an acceptance of resignation letter and its sample. May it can help you to make your own letter. Good luck!