A parent permission letter is a kind of document that requests permission in order to take temporary responsibility for a kid by a teacher. People also usually call it a parental consent form. Some others call it a parental consent slip. Anyway, we will discuss it further here.
What Is the Format of a Parent Permission Letter?
This kind of letter should contain the following elements:
Make sure that you write the needed addresses!
You should make a respectful greeting.
It must be informative, brief, and centered.
The body of the letter is ideally in 1 to 3 paragraphs.
Mention your name & put your signature!
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons and Its Sample
- 10+ Coffee Shop Menu example psd design
- 10+ club flyer free psd template
- 5+ Birthday Invitation Template PSD Free file
- 10+ minimalist resume template
How to Write a Parent Permission Letter
To write such a letter, here are the detailed steps to follow:
- First of all, you should start with a direct statement stating the purpose of the letter clearly.
- Second of all, you have to include your full name, your child’s full name, and the full name of the person you grant permission to.
- After that, if the child has another parent or custodian, you will need to write the letter together.
Tips to Write a Parent Permission Letter
Writing this kind of letter requires you to consider these important tips:
- First, make sure that you follow the proper format.
- Besides that, you have to include a description of the request.
- Then, the terms of liability must be included, too.
- Don’t forget to describe the environment & activities the child will be involved.
- In addition, you need to list the basic contact information of the person who seeks permission.
- At the bottom, you are required to provide the parental consent slip.
Parent Permission Letter Sample
Now, let’s pay attention to the following example:
I’m asking your permission to let your child take a participation in the youth fundraising event this Thursday night at the Texas Church. We will prepare and serve meals to the Church and community members. This event is for a mission trip next month.
This mission trip will be beneficial for our members to impact the Ecuadorian people lives. Even more, it will also teach our skills like good work ethic, the development of compassion for the less fortunate, and economic awareness.
Our youth will help make hot meals this Thursday. If you feel that your child cannot handle hot food or you may have other concerns related to liability policies, just feel free to call me and let us know. You can call us at (111)-111-1111 from 09.00 a.m. to 05.00 p.m. Please see the attached copy of the Church liability policy.
Thank you very much for your time and understanding. We hope, you can let your child become involved. I believe that your child will have a great experience.
Head Youth Leader
That is all about a parent permission letter. Now, it is your time to practice writing such a letter on your own. If you don’t know how to start, just follow the sample above.