A business that rents commercial space from landlords should notify the landlord in a written letter if the lease won’t be renewed. A notification provides the owner enough time to secure a new tenant for the space. In this case, you will need to write a commercial lease termination letter to landlord.
What Are the Contents of a Commercial Lease Termination Letter to Landlord?
This kind of letter should contain the following contents:
- Your name, the name of the landlord, and his/her address
- The date when you write this letter
- Information of commercial lease termination
- The reason of commercial lease termination
- The building & apartment you are vacating
- The date by which you are vacating
What Are the Format of a Commercial Lease Termination Letter to Landlord?
You have to send such a letter 30 days prior to the date of expiration of the lease unless it is specified in the contract. It should contain the date you would like to vacate the premises & you will surrender the keys to the owner of the property.
- Free Printable Diet Journal
- 10+ Wedding Ceremony Program free psd template
- 10+ Wedding Menu psd template free
- 10+ Drinks menu template free psd
- 5+ Birthday Invitation Template PSD Free file
This kind of letter should contain a request for property inspection. Besides, a forwarding address for the business must be included, too. Then, you need to write a contract number for an individual of authority employed by the business.
How to Make a Commercial Lease Termination Letter to Landlord
Here is how to make a lease termination:
- Start with a salutation!
- Directly state that you want to terminate a lease!
- Explain the reasons why you are terminating the lease!
- Provide the details related to the lease termination!
- Close the letter politely!
Tips for Making a Commercial Lease Termination Letter to Landlord
Writing such a letter should:
- Ensure it is well-formatted.
- Keep it concise and brief.
- Use good grammar and correct spelling.
- Proofread before sending it.
A Sample of a Commercial Lease Termination Letter to Landlord
Here is the sample of such a letter:
Dear Mr. Ratih,
The agreement of commercial lease entered into on September 1st, 2018 is set to expire on March 31st, 2020. This letter informs you that I’ll not renew the property commercial lease located at 111 Montfort Road. During December, we will relocate to our new office.
This business has significantly grown over a few years. Even though your office has served us excellently, we sadly decide to build a new facility, bigger & closer to our customer bases. As of January 1st, 2020, our new address will be on Knoxville Road 6776.
We’d like to schedule an inspection of the property during the late of December. Please call Mrs. Puff at (111)-111-1111 to schedule a time. Just feel free to call Mrs. Puff or me if you have any questions.
BBC Services, Inc.
That is all about a commercial lease termination letter to landlord. If you want to write such a letter on your own, you can follow the sample above. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.