A stressful situation can lead to a family emergency leave. You can take an absence from work for a few days. Here, you will need to write and send a family emergency leave letter. It informs your manager of the situation you experience. In this article, we will discuss it further.
What Is a Family Emergency Leave?
This is a situation that may excuse you from school or work. It aims to care for an immediate member of family (such as a parent, child, or spouse) with a serious condition of health. It is also useful to take a medical leave when the manager cannot work because of a serious condition of health.
Is a Family Emergency a Good Excuse to Miss Work?
You will have to miss work when you are sick, have a family emergency, need a self-care day or anything else that is genuine. Keep in mind that you have a minor cough, feeling tired, stubbing your toe, or any other minor illnesses don’t belong to good excuses to miss work.
- 10+ Coffee Shop Menu example psd design
- 10+ church program free template in PSD
- 10+ conference poster example psd design
- Printable Auto Bill Of Sale Form
- 5+ 1.5 Button Template PSD File Free Download
How to Create a Family Emergency Leave Letter
Creating this kind of letter can be done with the following steps:
- First of all, you will have to greet your employer.
- In the first paragraph, you should directly inform your employer that you take a family emergency leave.
- Then, you are required to give the reason why you would like to take a family emergency leave.
- After that, you need to state when you will return to your work.
- Next, you must include your contact details.
- Lastly, close the letter with your thank to your employer for his/her understanding.
- Don’t forget to end it with your signature.
Tips for Creating a Family Emergency Leave Letter
It is important to consider these tips:
- Use the proper format.
- Follow the sample below.
- Pay attention to grammar and spelling.
- Keep it concise, brief, and understandable.
- Don’t forget to proofread it.
Family Emergency Leave Letter Sample
Here is a sample for your reference:
Dear Mrs. Claudia,
I inform you that I’d like to take an urgent & unexpected leave of absence because of a family emergency. I’ve just been informed that my sister collapsed. So, I have to take care of her & her little children. My plan to return to work is a couple of week from now.
I believe that my absence will not cause a big problem. I’ll return soon and complete my jobs on time. I’m sure that other employees can do the best for your company.
You can contact me via phone at (111)-111-1111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions related to the work, just feel free to call me or leave a message. I’ll respond it immediately. Thank you very much for your understanding. I hope you accept this.
That is all about a family emergency leave letter. If you face the similar situation, you should write such a letter by following the sample above.