How to Make an Impressive Lawyer Resume
Lawyer is one of the most challenging career and many people want to be a lawyer. If you are one of them, you have to write a lawyer resume first. This document shows who you are and why a company should hire you as a lawyer. Now, let’s discuss it further!
Sample of Lawyer Resume
Below is a lawyer resume example that will inspire you:
Main Street, TX 55292
Result-driven corporate lawyer with 11 years’ experience ensuring the commercial transaction legality. Adept at drafting & reviewing policies. Have a J.D. from Duke Law School & am a New York State Bar member in good standing. Achieved advantageous settlements in 95% of cases.
New York State Bar, November 2008
J.D., Duke Law School, 2005 – 2007
B.A. Political Science, Texas University, 2001 – 2005
Rockford Corporation, New York, NY – October 2015 – present
- Define as well as develop legal policies & procedures while advising on major business transactions.
- Negotiate with opposing parties to achieve the corporation’s goals, reach resolution, and avoid litigation.
- Draft as well as review contracts & internal policies according to applicable regulations.
- Implemented a global intellectual property strategy on a 4-year period.
- Reduced reliance of corporation on external legal counsel & costs by more than 55%.
BAC Corporation, New York, NY – February 2010 – September 2015
- Monitored changes to employment law at national, state, and federal levels.
- Drafted as well as renewed weekly agreements for product distribution, supply, licensing, & advertising.
- Conducted research & reviewed transaction to ensure maximum benefit to the organization with minimal risk.
- Advised executives regarding legal rights, obligations, & opportunities.
- Handling pressure
- Critical thinking
- Time management
How to Write a Lawyer Resume
Here is the step by step on how to write a resume for a lawyer:
- Make a well-designed resume!
- Begin with summary statement or your lawyer profile!
- Highlight your relevant skills!
- Use action words in your employment history!
- Include your education!
- Highlight relevant technology skills.
- Focus on the legal practice area you want to be in!
People also ask
- Parking Ticket Appeal Letter and its great example
- Apology Letter for Bad Service and Its Sample
- The Last Chance Agreement Letter and its example
- Resignation Letter for Transfer within Same Company and its sample
- Resignation Due to Illness for Building a Polite Farewell
How Do You Make Your Lawyer Resume Stand Out?
To write an impressive lawyer resume, you will have to place your qualifications front & center. Besides that, you should also write a succinct yet effective introduction. In addition, don’t forget to refine your experience section. If you have no idea, you can follow the resume example above.
How Do You List JD on a Resume?
Here, you must be consistent in all sections. If you use the abbreviation “B.A.” for your undergraduate degree, for example, then you should use “J.D.” for your law degree. However, if you write “Bachelor of Arts”, you should write out “Juris Doctor”. This also applies to state names.
What Are Good Skills for a Lawyer?
A lawyer should have many skills. The key skills for a lawyer or legal include time management, knowledge of substantive law & legal procedure, technology skills, legal research, analytical & logical reasoning, client service; write communication, and also oral communication.
What Should a Lawyer Resume Include?
A legal resume should contain a few sections. The main sections include your contact information, resume summary or lawyer profile, education, experience, and skills. However, you are also allowed to add other skills if required.
Lawyer Resume with No Work Experience
This resume is appropriate for you who have many work experiences or not at all. If you have some experiences, make sure to highlight them! If you have no experience, just focus on your education and skills to impress your potential employer.
Lawyer Resume Template Word
It is very important to use a proper template for writing a resume especially for a professional career like a lawyer. This resume template comes in Word that lets you edit it easily. So, you will be able to adjust it to your own qualifications and the job posting.
Lawyer Resume for College
This resume is not only appropriate for you who have graduated from a college but also you who are still studying at a college. This will be good for college students who want to look for work experience as lawyers. This will be useful and helpful.
Resume for Lawyer First Job
Are you looking for your first job as a lawyer? You don’t need to worry because you can still impress a hiring employer with your education and skills. In this case, you can use this template to write your resume. If you follow its format properly, your resume will stand out from the competition.
Lawyer Resume Sample
This resume sample is designed for anyone who is interested in a lawyer. With this sample, you can write your own resume in a proper format & structure. A good resume will help you get your desired job position. So, make sure that you pay attention to this sample first before writing your own resume.
Lawyer Resume Example
If you don’t know how to write a resume for a lawyer, you can see this example. This example is very simple yet professional. It uses an appropriate format & structure. It also uses good English grammar & correct spelling. This example is written by a professional so that its format is surely acceptable.
Free Lawyer Resume Template
Many resume templates are available on the internet. If you want a free template for a lawyer resume, this one is what you need. This resume template is not only easy to edit but also free to use. So, just feel free to use this resume template anytime you want. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.
We know that writing a lawyer resume is very challenging. For an impressive resume, you have to know about a proper format. After paying attention to the example & guidelines above, you should be able to practice writing your own resume. Before sending it, make sure that your resume is proofreader first!