Construction Resume Template for Unexperienced Job Seekers
If you are interested in constructing industry, the best way to promote yourself is through a resume. To write a construction resume, you will need a template that can help and inspire you. In this article, we will provide you a construction resume template& useful guidelines for your reference.
Sample of Construction Resume
Now, let’s pay attention to the following construction resume sample!
Main Street, TX 55292
Laborer with 13 years’ experience in construction, repairs, handy work, and inspections seeking a position as a Construction Site Manager. Proven skills in management and deeply familiar with successful foremanship aspects. Aiming to leverage my skills & fill the managerial position at your company. Have a GED as well as bilingual in English & Spanish.
JJ Industries, Inc. – San Antonie, TX
Construction Worker, 2010 – present
- Inspect an avg. of 5 job sites per month to determine the extent of maintenance of repairs required and also an estimated budget & time to completion.
- Measure & record openings/distances to layout areas where construction project will be performed.
- Distributed & utilized tools, machinery, and building materials in a team of up to 13 other workers.
- Helped in constructing building as well as assembling sheet metal components & equipment structural components.
- Maintained a safe & clean work area averaging 45,000 sq. ft.
Sunday Group, Inc. – Sugar Land, TX
General Laborer, August 2008 – June 2010
- Performed maintenance & construction work for a large grocery wholesaler serving over 3,500 visitors a day.
- Handled routine repairs to building like installing/repairing electrical wiring, painting, drywall, and plumbing.
- Directed the loading & unloading of goods in inventory warehouse with five other workers.
- Helped other personnel as required to maintain safety in the packaging or assembly area.
Institute of Viroh – San Antonio, TX
- Diploma, Santon High School, May 2008
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Highly motivated & able to lead within a team environment
- Knowledge of OSHA construction site safety regulations
- Expert with most hand & power tools
- Familiar with inspection codes & standards
- Can lift up to 120 lbs
How to Write a Construction Resume
A construction resume can be written with the following steps:
- Begin with your contact information!
- Continue with a career objective of resume summary!
- Highlight your professional experience including your activities in each job!
- Add your educational background!
- Make a list of your relevant skills!
People also ask
How Do You List Construction Skills on a Resume?
To make your skills on your construction resume stand out, you should add relevant skills. It must be specific. Besides that, you also need to highlight your skills on the cover letter. It applies when you apply for a management position in a construction industry.
How Do You Make an Impressive Resume for a Construction Worker?
A construction worker resume will be perfect if you include key phrases from the job description. Besides that, you also have to use a clear layout. In addition, it is also a good idea to stick to your most relevant interests or hobbies.
How Do You Write a Good Objective for a Construction Resume?
It depends on your own objective. For example, you can say “Seeking a construction labor position that will utilize exceptional equipment operation skills and physical labor to help trades on the job site.” Make sure that your objective will benefit the company so that the recruiter considers hiring you.
Construction Resume with No Work Experience
This resume is appropriate for an experienced construction that is changing his role or looking for a new job. However, it can also be used by an individual who has no work experience and is interested in a construction job. So, just feel free to use this resume anyone you want.
Construction Resume Template Word
A construction laborer resume should be written carefully. If you have never written such a resume before, it is better to use this template Word. It lets you edit the content to fit your needs based on your own qualifications & job posting. So, you can save a lot of time & effort.
Construction Resume for College
If you are a college student and want to enter a career in a construction industry, this resume will be useful and helpful so much. This resume is written by a professional with a professional format & structure. So, this is acceptable by most recruiters for any job.
Resume for Construction First Job
An experienced construction laborer will be easier to write an impressive resume because he can emphasize his work experience. However, a job starter can also make his construction resume stand out. This resume will help you impress your potential employer when looking for your first job.
Construction Resume Sample
If you need a resume sample for a construction job, this sample will help you a lot. This sample uses a proper format & structure. It also uses good grammar & correct spelling. Anyway, it is professionally written so that you can use this resume for your reference.
Construction Resume Example
If you need an example for writing a resume especially in a construction industry, this will inspire you. With this example, you will know how to write a resume properly. So, make sure that you follow its format and adjust its content to the qualifications according to the job positing.
Free Construction Resume Template
It is important to use a professional template for writing a construction resume. This resume template is free to use and easy to tailor. If you want to write a construction resumes properly and effortlessly, it is better to use this template. Make sure that your resume gets proofreader before you send it.
Writing a resume should be done carefully. This construction resume template is what you need if you are looking for the reference. There are many factors to be considered when writing a resume. So, you should pay attention to the guidelines above, too. Then, you can start writing your own resume.