If you’ve just recently started a job and decided to quit for a reason, you can wonder if this is even worth it to make a resignation letter for a job you just started. With such a letter, you show your manager that although you quit after a short time, you’re courteous & professional to notify him/her.
Is It Ok to Quit a Job You Just Started?
No matter what circumstance is, there isn’t perfect time to quit a job you’ve just started. The longer you wait, the better it is for you professionally. But it’s always preferred to provide a 2 week’s notice of a resignation to your manager. So, he/she has enough time to find a person replacing you.
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents and Its Sample
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter Due to Maximum Time Frame and Its Sample
- Family Emergency Leave Letter and Its Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter for bad grades and its great example
How Do I Quit a Job I Just Started a Month Ago?
- Reflect on your decision.
- Practice what you want to say.
- Make a resignation letter.
- Ask your employer to meet privately.
- Thank him/her.
What to Say When Quitting a Job You Just Started?
When you quit a job you’ve just started, you need to apologize for the change of circumstance and any inconvenience. You should also thank them for giving you the chance to work there. In addition, let them know that you hope you will be able to work with them again in the future.
How to Create a Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Greet your manager first.
- Apologize for such a short duration of work before leaving.
- State your assurance of good will to the company.
- Sign & date it at the end.
Tips for Creating a Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- It should be about 3 paragraphs.
- Put your contact details.
- Include an appropriate gratitude expression for the job.
- Keep it from looking unprofessional & rushed.
- Use an official letterhead.
- Use proper grammar.
A Sample of a Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
Dear Mrs. Sheila,
I’m sending this to let you know that I resign from my position as sales at your company because I have to accept a different job. I know that I’ve just started working here. I hope this will not be too much of an inconvenience. My last day working here will be on January 15th, 2020. I hope you can understand this matter.
I apologize for any issues caused by my resignation. I assure you to work hard during my last weeks to minimize any possible inconvenience. If you want to ask something, you can call me at (111)-111-1111 or send an email to email@example.com
Thank you very much for your cooperation & patience. I’m grateful for my experience during I work here. Wish you all the best. Thank you very much for understanding me.
That is all about a resignation letter for a job you just started. If you are in a similar situation, just follow the sample above to write your own resignation letter.