An employee can be terminated from his/her employment for different reasons. Employment at will policy allows a manager to let an employee go without giving a cause. A termination letter without cause informs the company’s decision to the employee without casting or accepting blame.
What Does Terminate without Cause Mean?
It means termination of someone’s employment done by the company other than due to his/her disability or death.
What Is the Difference between Termination with Cause and without Cause?
When an employee is terminated without cause, he/she is let go but not for significant workplace misconduct. In a termination without cause, the manager is required to provide you reasonable notice of job termination.
How to Write a Termination Letter without Cause
There are a few details you will have to include in this kind of letter.
- First of all, you have to make a salutation and en introduction.
- Basically, you will have to include the date of the termination.
- After that, information about when & how the employee is going to receive his/her last paycheck must be included, too.
- Then, you should include any other relevant information according to the severance pay, insurance coverage, and benefit payments.
- Last but not least, close the letter and put your signature & name.
Tips for Writing a Termination Letter without Cause
Here are some tips to consider when you write such a letter:
- Follow the proper format.
- Use good grammar.
- Pay attention to English spelling.
- Keep it concise, simple, and easy to understand.
- Don’t forget to proofread it to avoid errors and mistakes.
- Send it to the right person soon.
A Sample of a Termination Letter without Cause
If you need a sample of a letter for a termination without cause, you can see this:
Based on our meeting, your employment with BBC Seaside, Inc. will be terminated on January 15th, 2021. Based on our company’s policy, either party can terminate the employer-employee relationship without cause or notice. This letter confirms everything we’ve discussed during our meeting last week.
On January 2nd, 2021, you’ll attend another meeting where you’ll be given a severance package. You’ll get a total of 10 weeks of severance pay. You’ll also earn your severance paycheck on your last employment day.
Your eligibility will be explained in the next meeting. You’ll also get information relate to the amount you’ll earn as payment. If you have any questions, you can contact our HR representative. Just feel free to ask anything related to this matter to him.
Thank you very much for your years of loyal service to us. Your leave from this company is on good terms. So, we encourage you o investigate employment chances at the other institution owned properties. Wish you all the best in your future.
Mr. Alex Borman
BBC Seaside, Inc.
That is all about a termination letter without cause. If you want to write such a letter, just follow the guidelines and a sample above for your reference.