Making a positive first impression is very important in an interview. An internship letter of recommendation will be very useful when it is filled with direct achievement examples. This kind of letter carries more weight compared to a traditional one because this is from a third party.
What Is an Internship Letter of Recommendation?
This is a written character reference. Usually, it is written by past teacher. For some industries, people skills as well as personality traits are very important. Here, you have to include specific examples of work that relate to accomplishments & academic accomplishments & awards.
- Employment Application Printable Free
- 5+ 30 60 90 day sales plan template examples
- 10+ 3 fold brochure free psd template
- 5+ 30 day notice to vacate template
- 5+ 2 circle venn diagram example psd design
What to Include in an Internship Letter of Recommendation
This kind of letter should contain a few parts. They include:
- A salutation or greeting
- An introduction or opening paragraph
- The body of the letter
- A closing or concluding paragraph
- Your signature & name
How to Make an Internship Letter of Recommendation
Here is the step by step on how to make such a letter:
- Always begin with the date.
- State the person you recommend & what you recommend.
- Describe how long you know him/her & in what capacity.
- Highlight his/her best qualities.
- Provide details about the characters, morals, & values of the person.
Tips for to Make an Internship Letter of Recommendation
If you want to make such a letter properly, make sure that you consider these important tips:
- First, you have to follow the proper format.
- Besides that, make sure that you use good grammar.
- Then, choose the diction correctly.
- In addition, pay attention to spelling and grammar.
- Moreover, keep it formal, concise, brief, and easy to understand.
- One more, doesn’t forget to proofread it.
A Sample of an Internship Letter of Recommendation
Below is a simple example of a letter of recommendation for an internship:
Dear Mr. Steven,
I’m pleased to recommend David Bob to your company for the marketing position. He started working for my company 5 years ago. Since then, he grew into a confident, vibrant, and capable professional. Even more, he inspires other employees with his positive attitude and friendly demeanor. His academic achievements are great. His professional acumen really distinguishes him from others. I hired him as a marketing intern according to the recommendation of his teacher.
He has excellent analytical skills. He is also very creative. He is even motivated & enthusiastic. I think that he needs a bigger challenge. So, I believe that your company is the right place for him to improve his career.
Without a doubt, I’m sure that he will be an invaluable asset to your company. Even though I’ll miss him, it’s his right to reach his career goals in the bigger company. If you want to discuss this matter, just feel free to call me at (111)-111-1111. You can also reach me by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEO, Jackson Employment Agency
That is all about an internship letter of recommendation. Now, it is your time to practice writing such a letter on your own to recommend someone you really know.