Your financial aid can be suspended when you attend school for several reasons such as you switch school or change major, your family makes too much money, and so forth. Therefore, you need to know the way to write a financial aid appeal letter for bad grades that will help you to avoid any bad effects due to your financial aid.
What should I say in my financial aid appeal?
A poor grade point will be one of the reasons why the student will lose financial aid and scholarship. Moreover, the financial aid appeal letter for bad grades idea will help the student earn a second chance. Of course, it will depend on the student’s circumstances and it will be possible for a financial aid department.
- 10+ massage gift certificate template free psd
- 10+ Wedding Ceremony Program free psd template
- 10+ Wedding checklist template
- 10+ Wedding Thank You Card example psd design
- 10+ Classroom Newsletter template free psd
How to write a financial aid appeal letter for bad grades
When you want to write this financial aid appeal letter for bad grades design, you need to follow some ideas below to make a proper template. Here are the ideas to follow:
- You have to explain clearly any extenuating circumstance that caused a drop in a grade as part of a financial aid
- You also need to find out to whom the letter needs to be addressed or at the very last the proper department
- You have to follow all rules and directions when submitting an appeal for bad grades
Tips to write a financial aid appeal letter for bad grades
Besides, your financial aid appeal letter for bad grades format will be better if you know the following tips to make it great. Here are some tips to follow in your template:
- You have to know your school’s SAP auditing process and the specifications for your financial aid’s suspension
- You also need to include the information about your academic status changed
- You also can gather information such as health records, financial records, family statements, and so forth
The sample of a financial aid appeal letter for bad grades
Furthermore, your template will be better if you read the financial aid appeal letter for bad grades sample. This idea will help you to arrange the proper template without any difficulties.
This is an example:
Dear Dr. Christian,
I want to appeal the loss of my financial aid due to bad grades and briefly explain my extenuating circumstances to you. I am sure that you can look at my record for the past two years and see that my grades this last semester are unusual for me. I had a cold that went into cancer. I tried to keep going but collapse on September 17 during my Physics II class and was transported by ambulance to the local hospital.
I was so weak that my parents took me home for a week. I returned to class on November 4 and found that I was extremely behind in my courses. Since the time no drop a class with no-penalty had already passed and I have to work hard to catch up.
However, although I work very hard and took advantage of the tutoring service, I am still in bad grades. I pass my classes with C’s which causes my GPA to drop to a 2.9 which is .1 lower than the 3.0 minimum to maintain my financial aid. I am completely recovering now and can assure you that I can give more than 3.0 in the next semester. I have attached all the required appeal form and ask that you will consider my requests.
That is all about financial aid appeal letter for bad grades. The sample will help you to arrange this template without any difficulties.