Catering Resume to Get a First Job Experience
If you like jobs in the catering industry, you should make yourself as impressive as possible. To demonstrate your strengths, you need to write a solid catering resume. In this article, we will discuss it further. Now, let’s pay attention to the following discussion closely!
Sample of Catering Resume
Below is a catering resume sample you can use for your reference:
1234 DuBuque Mountain, New York, NY 55292
Catering Server, September 2017 – present
ABC Catering – Phoenix, AZ
- Check with manager for opening side work, assigning dining room station, & closing side work duties
- Converse with guests, make suggestions, as well as constantly answer questions regarding food & beverages
- Communicate with co-workers & guests in a professional and friendly manner
- Participate in food handling procedures and proper sanitation
- Perform other assigned duties
- Reports to property punctually & in proper uniform
- Set-up, organize, maintain, & close the restaurant or banquet functions ensuring that areas are cleaned & stocked
Banquet Catering Server, August 2013 – August 2017
JJ Restaurant – Houston, TX
- Helped in preparing banquet room for function
- Monitored & maintained sanitation, cleanliness, & organization of work areas assigned
- Performed other assigned duties
- Completed pre-function side-work
- Communicated with management & support crew
- Perform side work
- Provide teamwork to teammates & promote a sense of urgency for the team members & guest
The University of Howard, July 2013
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to prepare checks and enter orders
- Handle guest complaints diplomatically – always be polite & maintain a professional manner
- Ability to remain on feet for entire shift length
- Strong skills in communication, including listening skills as well as ability to take food & beverage orders and then fill those orders rightly
- Skills in basic math, ability to total guest checks & count change accurately
- Ability to maneuver between tables & around corners
- Have basic knowledge of standard recipes of drink & alcohol brand names
- Ability to work under pressure & handle multiple table assignments at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment quickly & efficiently
- Excellent skills in guest service, ability to adhere to the Service Standards of the company
How to Write a Catering Resume
If you want to know how to create a catering job resume, let’s follow these steps below:
- Firstly, add your contact information!
- Secondly, make a highlight of your experience!
- Thirdly, include your education!
- Then, list your skills!
People also ask
What Are the Required Qualities for a Catering Resume?
Some of the top skills for catering include Inventory management & product purchasing, food safety & personal hygiene, food handling & food presentation, beverage & food preparation, stamina & strength, setup & venue selection, initiative & event monitoring, and demanor & friendly attitude.
What Is a Caterer’s Job Description?
A caterer has many responsibilities such as to cook & serve meals at different types of events, prepare & store food safety before & during events, set up all tables & food service areas with dishes, linens, and chairs, as well as serve food to guests at different events.
How Do I Write a Resume for Catering?
In your caterer’s resume, you have to focus on your awareness of consumer tastes, menus, & trends. Your resume should also focus on your high standards of customer care, ability to monitor & maintain quality standards, experience of beverages & food, and knowledge of food & hygiene standards.
How Do You Make Your Catering Resume Stand Out?
To make your resume stand out from the competition, there are a few tips you can consider. First, you have to make sure that you use a professional format & structure. Besides, you also have to keep it short and simple. In addition, you should use make it unique by demonstrating your unique skills.
Catering Resume with No Work Experience
This catering resume template is suitable for a job seeker with no job experience. If you have any unpaid experience that relates to the position you are applying for (e.g. volunteering, internship, etc), you have to include it!
Catering Resume Template Word
Using an editable template for writing a resume is very advantageous. This template is easy to edit because it can be opened on Word. So, just feel free to adjust its content to your own qualities.
Catering Resume for College
If you are a college student or fresh graduate who want to apply for a catering job, this resume will give you advantages. Written in a basic format, this resume is appropriate for you who want an entry-level position in the catering industry.
Resume for Catering First Job
This resume is undoubtedly recommended for a new job seeker. This resume will help you a lot in getting your first job in the catering industry. Whether you want to work at a restaurant, hotel, or other places, doesn’t hesitate to use this free catering resume.
Catering Resume Sample
This sample is a versatile resume where you can go freely use this resume anytime. You can use it to apply for a catering-related job or any other job position. What you just need to do is by matching your resume with the job posting.
Catering Resume Example
This resume example comes in a simple format & structure. This is an inspiring resume so that you can take the advantage of this example. This example can be used multiple times.
Free Catering Resume Template
If you need a free template of a resume for a catering job, this can be a perfect option for you. This template is really free to use anytime you want. You just need to download or copy it and customize each section of the resume to fit your needs.
After paying attention to the sample and tips above, it is time for you to practice writing your own resume. With our template, you can do this challenging task much easier. Adding sections & information on your catering resume is allowed. It depends on your own qualities.