- 1 Free Customizable Chef Resume Template
- 2 Sample of Chef Resume
- 3 How to Write a Chef Resume
- 4 Is It Unprofessional to Use a Resume Template?
- 5 What Should Every Chef Know?
- 6 What Are Your Strengths as a Chef?
- 7 What Are the Cons of Being a Chef?
- 8 Chef Resume with No Work Experience
Free Customizable Chef Resume Template
If you like cooking, you may want to be a chef. When a job opportunity is available, you can directly apply for that. Besides a job application, you will also need to write a chef resume template. So, what should you write on your resume? We will discuss a chef resume template further here.
Sample of Chef Resume
Below is a chef resume sample you can use for your inspiration:
321 Main Street, New Orleans, LA 55292
Professional chef with 8 years’ extensive work experience in Southern Cuisine. Capable of managing dining services of 100+ tables while managing & motivating staff to perform to best abilities across every service. Create new recipes & menus consistently, implementing seasonal ingredients & modern techniques.
- Certified Executive Chef (CEC ) – 2014
- Certified Sous Chef (CSC) – 2013
JJ Restaurant – New Orleans, LA
Executive Chef, September 2015 – present
- Managed daily kitchen operations with 10 staff members
- Referenced in “Top Chefs of 2020” magazine, published on August 2020
- Developed process which reduced waste by 35% & improved supply turnover by 65%
- Interviewed, hired, trained, & directed staff members since 2015, improving kitchen operational flow by 45%, while maintaining 100-percent employee retention since
- Oversaw food preparation & production, ensuring 100-percent food safety procedures were followed
- Re-developed all menus in 2015, increasing sales revenue by 130%
ABC House – New Orleans, LA
Sous Chef, June 2013 – August 2015
- Collaborated with Head Chef in innovative recipes & menu design
- Managed relationships with vendors, negotiating prices of equipment & ingredients that resulted in 15% savings on budget
- Prepared meals for lunch & dining services with an avg. of 120 tables a day
- Mentored & trained 5 junior staff, improving performance by 25%
- Maintaining an A rating with the Health Department by standardizing cleaning procedures
Institute of Scotsdale Culinary – Scottsdale, AZ
Associates Degree in Culinary Arts, April 2013
- Deep experience with Baking and Pastry
- Currently training in Latin American Cuisine
How to Write a Chef Resume
To write a chef resume, below is the step by step you will have to do:
- First of all, open with your contact information!
- Second of all, write your resume objective!
- It is also a good idea to add certifications.
- After that, you have to include your professional experience.
- Then, don’t forget to add display your education!
- Next, you can also list your additional skills.
People also ask
Is It Unprofessional to Use a Resume Template?
Imitating a chef resume sample template never makes you stand out. Your chances will also be cut because your resume is same as every other job seeker’s. So, it is better to customize a resume template. Make sure that your resume is written based on your qualifications & match it to the job post!
What Should Every Chef Know?
A good chef should possess a few important skills and knowledge. They include staying safe in the kitchen, kneading the dough, vegetable sanitation, becoming an egg expert, mastering the 5 mother sauces, making the perfect stock, and knife skills.
What Are Your Strengths as a Chef?
Becoming a great chef requires use of hard & soft skills. You have to show attention to detail, have a good understanding of cleanliness & allergens as well as culinary expertise & cooking techniques, and also be able to multitask.
What Are the Cons of Being a Chef?
Chef is a good profession but it has a few cons such as physically & mentally demanding job, not too comfortable working conditions, low pay in most cases, and long & unpredictable working hours.
Chef Resume with No Work Experience
This free chef resume template is appropriate for you who have no experience but want to be a chef. Of course, you have the relevant educational background. So, just make sure to emphasize your education. It is also a good idea to focus on your relevant skills.
Chef Resume Template Word
If you want to write a resume for a chef position, it is a good idea to use this template Word. This template is easy o customize. So, you will be able to write a chef resume effortlessly. You can also save a lot of time when writing a resume.
Chef Resume for College
If you want to start a career as a chef while studying at a college, you will need to write a convincing and impressive resume. This resume will be useful and helpful for a college student. If you plan to graduate soon, don’t forget to state your expected graduation!
Resume for Chef First Job
Looking for a first job is very challenging. To demonstrate your qualifications, you will have to convince your potential employer through a resume. This resume is recommended for anyone who wants to get his/her first job as a chef.
Chef Resume Sample
This sample shows you how to structure a good resume properly. If you want to apply for a chef position at your desired restaurant, this sample will help you a lot in writing a resume. However, you cannot imitate it entirely. You have to write a resume based on your own objective, experience, education, etc.
Chef Resume Example
If you need an example for writing an impressive chef resume, this one is what you are looking for. This example is flexible. It means you can tailor this resume easily. Besides that, this resume can also be used for applying any other job positions.
Free Chef Resume Template
The costs of resume service are high enough. Rather than spending much money for it, you should create your own resume instead. In this case, what you need is this free resume template. You can use and customize this resume template anytime you want.
If you are struggled to write a convincing resume, you can make it easier by using this chef resume template. After paying attention to an example and useful tips above, you should be able to practice writing your own resume.