With your commitment that requires you to cut back on volunteering or even stop entirely; you will need to make a volunteer resignation letter. It shows your goodwill to the organization & provides advance notice to its management. So, they will appreciate your decision to leave them.
What Is a Voluntary Resignation?
A voluntary resignation can be defined as a termination of employment which is not involuntary & that is not the result of the employee’s retirement, early retirement, disability, or death.
How Do You Gracefully Resign from an Organization?
If you want to stop volunteering an organization, here are some tips for you:
- Be professional!
- Give the date!
- Explain it briefly!
- Say thank you!
- Offer to help!
How to Create a Volunteer Resignation Letter
Here is the step by step on how to create such a letter:
- Start with a formal salutation & statement of your plan to resign for the making of a volunteer.
- Write the exact date of your volunteer resignation clearly to avoid mix-ups.
- Put your number & email for further clarification.
- You may state that you got many interesting skills & valuable experience as a volunteer.
- Say thanks for everything.
- Send it to the organization’s director.
Tips for Creating a Volunteer Resignation Letter
There are a few important tips to consider when you create this kind of letter:
- Follow the proper format.
- Always use good grammar.
- Pay attention to English formal spelling.
- Choose the diction carefully.
- Keep it brief, concise, and easy to understand.
- Proofread it multiple times to avoid errors or mistakes.
- Send it to the one who is responsible for your volunteering area.
Volunteer Resignation Letter Sample
Below is a sample of a letter for a volunteer resignation:
Dear Mrs. Yola,
Personally, I’d like to inform you that I’ll resign from my volunteer position at NY Community Services. Recently, I’ve been presented with a job offer that will be good for my career goal. So, I decide to accept that. Unfortunately, the working hours will conflict with my volunteering at your organization. That is why I have to resign from my volunteering position.
Maybe, I’ll be free on some evenings & weekends throughout the rest of the year. I’d be delighted to continue making a volunteer occasionally. You can contact me via phone at (111)-111-1111. You can also send a message to may email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I apologize for inconvenience caused by my resignation. I hope, I can do anything needed to make the transition smooth. I’m grateful for the experience during I’ve had volunteering at your organization. I really appreciate everything I’ve learned. Anyway, thank you very much for your understanding.
NY Community Service
You have paid attention to the guidelines above. Besides that, you have also seen the sample above. If you face a similar situation, you can practice writing a volunteer resignation letter on your own properly by following that sample. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.