Technical Resume to Get Your First Job
Technical jobs are always challenging. If you want to secure the best technical job, the best way is by writing a good technical resume. Unfortunately, many people don’t know how to write it. That is why we will discuss it further here. So, let’s pay attention to the following discussion!
Sample of Technical Resume
The following technical resume sample can inspire & guide you:
Main Street, Lexington, KY 55292
Analytical & solution-focused professional with 7 years’ experience in delivering technical support & resolving end-user problems. Track record of installing, configuring, as well as maintaining hardware, software, & networks. Focused on system sustainability & efficiency. Seeking to leverage a broad technical background to secure a challenging position as a technical support specialist.
ABC Group, Inc., Lexington, KY
IT Support Specialist, August 2017 – present
- Provide proactive technical support & troubleshooting to more than 5,000 users on different IT-related problems
- Develop updated knowledge of company products & services to deliver support & service solutions better
- Ensure on-time resolution of all problems by maintaining consistent communication with end-users & making follow-up calls
- Manage backup system for software & data in secured onsite environment
- Troubleshoot software & hardware failures as well as identify network issues related to personal computers
JJ Company, Austin, TX
Technical Support Specialist May 2014 – June 2017
- Delivered technical support to more than 25 company clients via remote desktop, email, phone, & in-person support to troubleshoot as well as resolve Mac & PC related problems
- Administered the enterprise-wide infrastructure that consists of LAN, software, hardware, & telecom systems
- Conducted more than 120 visits per year to statewide company offices to install, upgrade, & troubleshoot business & communication software
- Utilized great technical expertise in delivering external or internal helpdesk support for more than 10,000 staff & all company products
South Florida University, Tampa, FL
Bachelor of Science in IT, March 2014
- Honors: Cumlaude with 3.7/4.0 GPA
- In-depth knowledge of WAN/LAN – TCP/IP, Laptops/Desktops, Cisco Routers/Switches
- Expert in Ms. Office & MS. OS – Windows 7 & Windows 10
How to Write a Technical Resume
A strong technical resume template contains a few sections. You can write it with the following steps:
- Open with your contact information details!
- Write a strong resume summary!
- List required skills near the top of your resume!
- Include technical-related keywords on your resume!
- Add a few numbers to your achievements!
People also ask
- Writing Zumba Instructor Cover Letter For Your Career Start
- 12+ College Resume Template Usages and Needs
- 7+ Personal Financial Statement Template for a Better Management
- Useful Guidance to Write an Employment Advisor Cover Letter
- Easy Guide To Make A Data Entry Cover Letter
What Are the Examples of Technical Skills?
Technical skills mean the knowledge & abilities required to perform specific tasks. They are practical & usually relate to mechanical, IT, mathematical, or scientific tasks. The examples are such as knowledge of tools, mechanical equipment, design programs, or programming languages.
What makes a Strong Technical Resume?
If you want to create a strong technical resume, you shouldn’t make it too long. It should also contain your previous history. You also need to use action verbs. Besides, always use keywords! In addition, don’t forget to have a summary and a skills section!
What is a Technical Summary?
The purpose of a technical summary is essentially simple. It is to present your technical skills concisely. Therefore, the reader will know what specific techs you are proficient with. Make sure that you include a technical summary on your resume!
Technical Resume with No Work Experience
Skill is the most important thing when it comes to a technical job. So, your opportunity is still high when you have no work experience to be included on your resume. This resume can be an example for you in writing an impressive resume for a technical job position while having no experience.
Technical Resume Template Word
It is always a good idea to use an editable technical resume template. This resume template is easy to edit. You can open and edit it using Ms. Word. Just feel free to fit it to your needs! You are allowed to add other sections if needed to add your personality and value.
Technical Resume for College
This resume is appropriate for anyone including you who are studying in a relevant major of study. This resume will be useful & helpful for you to get work experience in a technical job. With your experience, you will be able to find a better technical job position in the future.
Resume for Technical First Job
Getting a first job is always more difficult. So, it is not easy to impress a hiring employer while you have no formal experience. However, you can still include non-formal experience such as volunteering, internship, or any other unpaid job. To write your resume, you can use this resume.
Technical Resume Sample
This resume sample is flexible. It can be edited to your needs easily. This resume sample uses a formal format, good grammar, & correct spelling. It has been proofreader, too. So, using this sample form writing your own resume is a right option. Your resume will make a hiring employer impressed.
Technical Resume Example
For you who have never written a resume before, this example can be your reference. This example will inspire & guide you how to format and structure a professional resume. So, if you want to write a resume on your own, make sure that you follow its format properly.
Free Technical Resume Template
You can find many free templates of resumes for technical jobs on the internet. This template is one of them. So, you don’t need to spend time to find other templates. This resume template is totally free to use. Anyone who wants to write a resume for a technical job is allowed to use this resume template.
Writing a technical resume is one of the most challenging things. So, you have to do it carefully. You have to use a professional format and include a few sections. If you want to make your resume stand out, you have to show your key skills and emphasize your strengths over other candidates or applicants.