An owner of property may decide to terminate a tenant’s lease for different reasons. Sometimes, this termination equates to nonrenewal. So, in this article, we will focus on discussing a notice of lease termination letter from landlord to tenant. Let’s discuss it further here!
What Is a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant?
This is a kind of letter stating that the landlord will terminate the lease. In other words, this letter gives a notice that the agreement between the landlord and the tenant will end. So, such a letter notifies the tenant that the termination will not be renewed.
What Should a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant Include?
This kind of letter should include the following elements:
- The date of writing the letter
- The tenant’s name & address
- A request that the tenant vacates by a specified date
- The reason for lease termination
- A reference to the clause of lease that lets you end the lease
- The date you’ll do a walk-through inspection
How to Write a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant
Writing such a letter can be done in a few steps below:
- First of all, state the reasons for sending a notice.
- Second of all, use formal and polite language.
- After that, state the date for vacating.
- For the next step, address the formality to be taken care of.
- Last but not least, proofread it carefully.
Tips to Write a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant
Writing this letter requires you to consider the following important tips here:
- Follow the forma properly.
- Use good grammar.
- Pay attention to spelling mistakes.
- Keep it concise, brief, and easy to understand.
- Don’t forget to proofread it multiple times.
A Sample of a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant
If you need a sample, you can see this:
Dear Mrs. Park,
The lease agreement for the property at 1220 North Collins Boulevard will expire on December 31st, 2020. The agreement contains a clause letting to continue lease monthly. Through this letter, we inform you that we have decided not to enter into the monthly lease agreement. Effective December 31st, 2020, we’ll terminate it for the property mentioned above.
Our area has witnessed good growth over this decade. Many businesses moved into the area. We think that it is a good idea to take advantage of this trend of business. So, we will update and expand the commercial property in the area including 3 new offices.
To the end of your lease, Mrs. Joe will call you to set up a final inspection. You can turn in the key on the last day. We apologize for this decision. If you have questions, just feel free to call us at (1111)-111-1111.
Mr. Tom, Owner
Big Boss Properties
That is all about a notice of lease termination from landlord to tenant. You can use our sample for your reference for writing such a letter on your own.