When you think that this is the time for you to resign from a board position, it will be important for you to arrange a non-profit board resignation letter. This letter is a professional letter that most of the board position is unpaid but it does not mean that you are not compensated either through contact that you have made.
What is a non-profit board resignation letter?
This is a good idea for you to show the other board members that you hold goodwill toward them and wish to resign gracefully without causing any trouble or burning bridges. The non-profit board resignation letter idea will be rather difficult from quitting from a job but you need to follow the standard letter.
How to create a non-profit board resignation letter
To write this non-profit board resignation letter format, you need to follow some steps that will make your readers easy to understand. With the steps below, you can arrange it properly suitable for your need.
- To begin your letter, you can try to follow a few key strategies in your professional and gracious non-profit board resignation letter format
- You have to write this letter being as formal and polished as possible to make it the readers easy to read the letter
- You also have to arrange this letter lessen than a page and only a few paragraphs to briefly state your intention to resign and reason for doing so
Tips to write a non-profit board resignation letter
Furthermore, you also will need some tips to arrange the non-profit board resignation letter template. The tips will make your letter getting better so that you will get the satisfaction letter as well.
- You have to write this letter being concise and being factual at all times and use the proper spelling
- Do not forget to put down your current contact details
- Remember to use discretion in sending in copies to the leader or members of the board due to the situation
The example of a non-profit board resignation letter
Besides, you also will need the non-profit board resignation letter example that will lead you to arrange the proper letter without any difficulties. This example also can be used as your reference to write the letter as well.
This is the sample:
Dear Mr. Black,
I am writing this letter to let you know that I am resigning from my position on the board of the Society Up non-profit organization. My health has been steadily declining and I have had to miss many boards meeting because of the hospitalization. I feel that it is in the best interest of both myself and the organization if I step down from my board responsibilities at this time.
I apologize for any inconvenience that my resignation may cause. If any clarification is needed in this matter, please do not hesitate to call my number at 666-444-0008. I have enjoyed working with Society Up Organization and I am honored to have served the community in this capacity. I hope the organization continues to succeed and thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time.
That is all about the non-profit board resignation letter. The sample will make your letter getting impressive and easy to read. Because of that, you have to arrange it properly.