Internship Resume Template to Get Your Very First Job
As a college student, it is hard to get a decent internship. Sometimes, you may wonder why people waste their time making an internship resume template& competing for work that does not pay. For your information, internships can offer a leg up to you when it comes to landing the first job.
Sample of Internship Resume Template
Now, let’s pay attention to the following internship resume template sample first!
JJ Road, NY 55292
Energetic & passionate student working towards a bachelor of science in marketing at Georgia University. Aiming to use my knowledge of consumer research strategy, product development, & advertising to satisfy the marketing internship at your organization.
Georgia University, Athens, GA
Bachelor of Science in Marketing, expected graduation: June 2021
- GPA: 3.85/4.0
- Relevant coursework: Integrated marketing communications, Strategic internet marketing, Survey research, Marketing management, and Marketing analytics
- Honors and awards: Received 3rd place in UGA’s business plan competition, Dean’s list
- Clubs: Mu Kappa Tau, UGA Chapter of the American Marketing Association
Pet Business Marketing Campaign
- Designed a marketing campaign effectively in cost for a local pet grooming business via email, social, & offline marketing.
- Surveyed pet owners in Athens to collect data on our target customers’ behavior in detail.
- Developed a campaign budget of $1,200 that we estimated o be the minimum cost yearling the highest return on investment.
Business Plan Competition
- Entered UGA’s business plan competition with a group of 5 classmates to build a food rack business.
- Managed marketing aspects of the business plan including promotion, positioning, market growth, customer trends, and industry analysis.
- Received the third place out of the 25 teams that entered the competition.
- Deep knowledge of social media marketing platforms: Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ Twitter
- Adept with Ms. Office Suite
- English: Advanced
- Familiar with customer research tools: GutCheck and AYTM
How to Write an Internship Resume Template
You have to use a proper internship resume format. How to write it depends on the format you want to use. If you consider a reverse chronological format, here is how:
- First of all, you will have to start with your contact information including your name, address, phone, and email.
- Second of all, you should continue with a resume objective telling where you are now & where you want to go.
- After that, you need to include your education including your university’s name, date of graduate, and GPA.
- If you have work experience, don’t forget to list your relevant work including your position & responsibilities.
- Then, you are required to add skills section where you should highlight your relevant skills.
- If needed, you can make additional sections such as for awards, achievements, interests, etc.
People also ask
- 20+ Emoji Pictures Template for Social Interactions
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- 20+ Dark Wallpaper Template Perks and Appeal
- 7+ Orange Background Template and the Positive Effects
- The Effective Today Resignation Letter and its great example
What Is an Internship Resume?
An internship resume focuses on your skills, education, & other abilities rather than your experience. It may be hard to make a resume if you have no work history. However, this is a process you should pass to get your very first job.
How to Stay in Touch with Contacts after an Internship
After an internship, you have to ask for a recommendation letter. The best time to ask for this is about 2 weeks before your internship ends. It gives your supervisor enough time to consider your performance and write something thoughtful.
What Skills Are Required for Internship?
To be hired for an internship, you should have some skills. Some of the most common skills require for an internship include passionate, work ethic, entrepreneurial, ability to problem solve, self-disciplined, independent, a leader, and resilient.
Internship Resume with No Work Experience
It is possible for you to make an internship resume with no work experience. In fact, this kind of resume doesn’t focus on your work experience. You just need to focus on your education, skills, and also other abilities. However, work experience will be an additional value.
Internship Resume Template Word
This resume template is available in Word document. So, you can easily use and customize it. Just feel free to download and edit it to fit your needs. Then, you can save it in your desired format such as PDF or other document formats.
Internship Resume for College
If you are still a college student, you should understand how to write an internship resume, especially on the education section. Because you have not graduated yet, what you will need to write is the expected graduation.
Resume for Internship First Job
To get an internship without any work experience, you can consider joining a club and joining an extracurricular. Besides, you can also get a student job. In addition, you may need to take relevant classes. It is also a good idea to expand your skillset. You can also consider volunteering jobs.
Internship Resume Sample
We provide you a sample of resume for an internship. This sample is not only free to download but also easy to customize. Even more, this resume is also ready to print and use. So, anyone who needs to write a resume for an internship can use this sample.
Internship Resume Example
You can find an example of an internship resume easily on the internet. However, you do not need to waste your time searching for it. Just feel free to use our resume example that works for your needs. This resume example uses a reverse-chronological format.
Free Internship Resume Template
Writing an internship resume can be a bit frustrating as it doesn’t only take a lot of time but also requires a lot of effort. With this free template, you will be able to write your own internship resume quickly and effortlessly.
Writing an internship resume template is very challenging because you have to impress your potential supervisor while you have no relevant work experience. Your education and skills sections become the keys. Therefore, you have to emphasize those sections to impress your potential supervisor.