- 1 Restaurant Resume to Land a First Job
- 2 Sample of Restaurant Resume
- 3 How to Write a Restaurant Resume
- 4 How Do You Make Your Restaurant Resume Look Good?
- 5 How Do You Make an Impressive Resume for a Restaurant Job?
- 6 What Is a Good Objective for a Restaurant Resume?
- 7 Restaurant Resume with No Work Experience
- 8 Restaurant Resume Sample
Restaurant Resume to Land a First Job
A restaurant resume is a kind of document that shows your hospitality or kitchen skills. It should prove your food service mastery. You have to focus on your relevant restaurant achievements. If you are interested in a job at a restaurant, you need to pay attention to the following example and guidelines.
Sample of Restaurant Resume
First of all, let’s see a restaurant resume sample below!
River Street, Pennsylvania 55292
Restaurant worker and wait staff manager with 6+ years of work experience. Seeking to provide best customer service & management at Chris’ Steakhouse. Managed 20 waitstaff & bartenders at a five-star restaurant. Handled bookkeeping, ordering, and hiring. Cut turnover 25%.
The JJ Restaurant
2015 – 2020
- Managed 20 waitstaff & bartenders in fast-paced, five-star restaurant. Delegated & provided guidance while maintaining good relationship.
- Presided over a period of 20% rise in restaurant revenue.
- Ordered & stocked coffee supplies, bareback supplies, and wine & liquor. Saved 15% on costs through strong relationships with vendors.
- Handled bookkeeping & payroll. Maintained minimum register errors.
- Hired and trained 17 entry-level waitstaff. Slashed turnover 25%.
The Moza Restaurant
2013 – 2015
- Waitressed in seafood restaurant. Scored averaged of 96% in customer comment cards. Assigned busiest shifts for great work ethic.
- Assisted make schedule for waitstaff. Known for strong skills in teamwork.
- Was top-earner at tip pooling time in 96% of shifts for efficiency.
- Temporary hostess, Applebee’s. Commended for skills in communication.
- Food server in booths for 10 busy shifts at Caledonia Fair.
- Worked fill-in shifts for Cyr Catering. Recognized for efficiency & friendliness.
Mill River High
2009 – 2013
- Cheer team co-captain
- President, Yearbook Committee
- Girls’ cross-country team captain
- Management Fundamentals – Pennsylvania University
- Applications of Everyday Leadership – Illinois University
- Create & sell paintings at local exhibitions.
- Member of American Management Association.
- Teach Cross Fit 2 times a week.
- Cater source Conference 2019
- Restaurant Leadership Conference 2017
- Lead two Toys for Tots drives per year with 30+ volunteers.
- Walk & feed dogs at Brattleboro Animal Shelter twice per month.
Soft Skills: teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills, leadership
Hard Skills: annual reviews, Ms. Office, inventory, scheduling
How to Write a Restaurant Resume
After paying attention to the restaurant resume example above, let’s see how to write it in step by step:
- Choose the proper format for your resume!
- Improve your resume summary or objective!
- Write an on-dec job description as well as skills section!
- Add other sections needed!
People also ask
How Do You Make Your Restaurant Resume Look Good?
To make your restaurant job resume look good, you have to focus on your skills. Some of the best skills for a job at a restaurant include multilingual, interpersonal communication, teamwork, dispute resolution, multitasking, attention to detail, and customer service.
How Do You Make an Impressive Resume for a Restaurant Job?
When it comes to a restaurant resume, you have to highlight your relevant skills. Besides that, your resume will stand out if you emphasize your soft skills. In addition, achieving the ideal length is also very important. One more, makes sure that you target your resume to the job post.
What Is a Good Objective for a Restaurant Resume?
For example, you can say that your resume objective is to obtain a food server position at BMW restaurant in order to utilize friendly disposition, good multitasking skills, and attention to detail. Your resume objective may also be seeking food server position that will benefit from long experience.
Restaurant Resume with No Work Experience
If you are interested in working at a restaurant but you don’t have any work experience, this restaurant resume sample template will be useful and helpful for you. You can still impress your potential employer if you emphasize your skills and other abilities.
Restaurant Resume Template Word
Writing a resume will be much more effective if you use a resume template. This resume template is available in Word that lets you edit it easily. So, if you need an editable resume template for a restaurant job, just feel free to use it!
Restaurant Resume for College
Whether you are an experienced individual, a fresh graduate, or a student at a college, this resume will meet your needs. This resume will help you a lot in writing your own resume for applying for a position at a restaurant.
Resume for Restaurant First Job
If you want to start your career working at a restaurant, you can send an application letter along with your resume. For the first job, your resume should be written carefully so that it can stand out from the competition. Anyway, this resume will help you find your first job at your desired restaurant.
Restaurant Resume Sample
This resume sample is appropriate for you who are interested in working at a restaurant. Whether you want to apply for an entry-level position or a managerial role, this sample will inspire you in writing your own resume. So, make sure that you follow its format and write a resume based on the job post.
Restaurant Resume Example
If you need an example of a resume for a restaurant job, this is what you need. This resume example is simple and easy to read. So, if you want to write a resume effortlessly, just feel free to use this example. You will also save a lot of time and effort.
Free Restaurant Resume Template
A resume template will be very useful & helpful for anyone who wants to write a resume. This resume template is designed for a restaurant job and frees to use. So, you can use it anytime you want.
After paying attention to the example and guidelines above, now you should practice writing your own restaurant resume. If you follow its format & write the resume properly, you will be able to impress your potential employer and get a bigger chance to get a job interview.
Restaurant Resume Sample