No matter the reason you resign from your teaching job, you have to go to the proper process. The professional way is to write and send a teacher resignation letter to principal. In fact, the principal is the first person you have to inform of your resignation.
How Do I Resign as a Teacher?
The best way to resign as a teacher is by writing a respectful resignation letter. This kind of letter should be sent to the principal or school district. It must be started with your name, your current school, & indicate your resignation clearly.
- 5+ 30 60 90 day sales management plan template
- 5+ 4×6 Postcard Mailing template free psd
- 5+ 24 hour planner template
- Free Invoice Printable
- 10+ 30 60 90 day action plan template
What to Include in a Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
This kind of letter should contain the following key parts:
- A salutation
- An introduction stating that you are resigning from your position
- The reason of your resignation
- Your last day working there
- Add the needed details including your contact information
- A closing with a thank
How to Make a Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
Here is how to make such a letter properly:
- First of all, start it by greeting your principal.
- Second of all, provide a brief explanation that you won’t teach at that school anymore.
- After that, state when you will resign from your current job.
- If you want, you can recommend a trusted substitute teacher for taking over your class.
- Then, let your principal know how much you’ve appreciated working with him/her.
- Next, state that you’ve enjoyed working as a teacher there.
Tips to Make a Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
Below are general tips to consider when a teacher is resigning:
- Be concise.
- Provide proper notice.
- Maintain professionalism.
- Arrange for an exit interview.
- Be certain about your resignation.
A Sample of a Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
If you need an example, just pay attention to the following sample:
Dear Mr. Very,
I’m resigning from your school as a teacher. My family & I will be relocated to another district soon. So, I cannot continue working at your school. My last working day will be on January 15th, 2021. Please accept my resignation. I appreciate your cooperation & patience.
To facilitate a smooth transition, I’ll be pleased to transfer all the needed information regarding my class to the one who will step into my place. I’ll also appreciate receiving a recommendation letter from you that I can use to apply for a new teaching job. You can call me at (111)-111-1111 to arrange a meeting.
I’ve enjoyed working with students at your school. However, I regret have to leave my job. I’m sure that my teaching experience will be useful for my next career. Thank you very much for helping me during me works here. Wish you all the best.
1st Graduate Teacher
Alpha Elementary School
That is all about a teacher resignation letter to principal. If you are a teacher and you want to resign for a reason, you have to be professional by writing and sending such a letter.