Sometimes, people get into arguments, offend others, or otherwise cause an issue or problem. When working with someone for many hours every day, it is easy to make you amidst strife. After having hurt/offended a colleague, you have to create an apology letter to coworker.
What Is an Apology Letter to Coworker?
This is a kind of letter you can send to your coworker after you offend him/her or did anything that cause problems. This is not a formal letter. So, you have to make it personal. This letter is very important to keep your relationship with your coworker well.
- 5+ 4 x 6 Card Template
- Camping Food List Printable
- 5+ 5 x 7 White Envelope example psd design
- 10+ 5E Lesson Plan free psd template
- 10+ 50 50 Raffle Tickets template free psd
What Should You Include in an Apology Letter to Coworker?
The following elements must be included in such a letter:
- A salutation or greeting
- Your sincere apology
- Your hope or wish
- Your sincere closing
- Your signature & name
How to Make an Apology Letter to Coworker
To create such a letter properly, make sure that you follow these steps:
- First of all, greet your coworker honestly.
- After that, directly state that you apologize to him/her.
- Then, tell the truth why & how you offended or hurt your colleague.
- Next, show him/her that you want to make amends in some way.
- Promise that you will never act like that again.
- Close the letter politely.
- Sign and date it.
Tips for Making an Apology Letter to Coworker
The following tips are very important and useful. So, you have to consider these when you write such a letter:
- Keep it concise and brief.
- Use good spelling and grammar.
- Pay attention to your diction.
- Ensure that it is sincere and heartfelt.
- Proofread it to avoid mistakes and errors.
- Make sure that it is received by your coworker you’ve offended.
An Example of an Apology Letter to Coworker
If you need an example of a letter for an apology to coworker, you can see this:
I want to apologize with my sincerity. When mentioning you that your break was getting longer than permitted, I really didn’t mean to offend you. I only wanted to inform you that you shouldn’t take too long. I also didn’t want to get you in trouble by informing a supervisor. I just wanted to come to you and. I didn’t want it to lead to a fight. So, I’m truly sorry.
I shouldn’t lose my temper. There isn’t excuse for my action. I know that it caused our working relationship damaged. I hope we can fix it together. We are a team and we must always have a good working relationship.
I promise that I’ll never act like that again. I was hurtful and unprofessional. If you want to talk with me personally, just call us. Anyway, please accept my sincerest apology for my action.
That is all about an apology letter to coworker. If you offended your coworker and want to apologize to him/her, just feel free to follow the guidelines and a sample above. You should write it based on your action and the truth.