A rental agreement letter is a kind of document outlining the details of contract between a landlord and a tenant. It is signed by both parties and is binding contracts legally. Usually, the tenant has discussed the information contained in the letter with the landlord. Now, let’s discuss it further.
Can You Write Your Own Rental Agreement?
You can write a rental agreement from home. With our template, you will be able to make such a letter much easier. In this case, you just need to include the information you would like to be shown in the rental agreement.
Who Pays a Rent Agreement?
Who should pay the rent agreement cost? The tenant usually bears the cost related to the rental agreement. This kind of agreement letter must be printed on a stamp paper. With our template, your task will be easier.
What Should Be on a Rental Agreement?
There are a few important items to be included in such a letter:
- All tenants’ names
- Limits on occupancy
- Terms of the tenancy
- Deposits & fees
- Repairs & maintenance
- Entry to rental property
- Restrictions on the illegal activity of the tenant
How to Make a Rental Agreement Letter
Here is how to make such a letter:
- You should create a greeting first.
- After that, you can directly begin with an introductory paragraph.
- Then, create 1 to 3 paragraphs for the body of the letter.
- Next, you have to close it with a concluding paragraph.
- Lastly, put your signature and name.
Tips for Making a Rental Agreement Letter
Tips to make such a letter are listed below:
- The terms & conditions must be clear.
- You must highlight some factors such as the amount of rent, the rent period, etc.
- You should include the interests of both parties.
- It must include the rights of all parties.
Rental Agreement Letter Sample
Below is a sample of a letter for a rental agreement:
Dear Mrs. Felicia,
Here are the terms & conditions of your rental agreement. These terms should be agreed o:
- First & last month rent and a DP of $100 should be received by January 31st, 2020.
- The rental fee is $1,000 monthly.
- An extra fee of $200 for every week if the payment is late.
- Smoking is permitted in the building.
- Pet is allowed but no more than 2 pets.
- No parking on the street.
Note: We encourage you to allow other tenants know if you’ll have guests for parking & noise purposes.
Please sign this agreement and return it to our office with the initial DP. We are looking forward to you joining us. Thank you very much in advance.
I’ve read & understood the rental agreement & accept the terms voluntarily.
Scott Leasing Representative
December 23rd, 2020
That is all about a rental agreement letter. It is very important for you to know how to make such a letter on your own properly. Hopefully, the sample above will help you a lot.