Consulting the appropriate resignation letter template can give you a nice reputation. Even when you decide to leave the company, you can leave your reputation intact and in a positive vibe. Unfortunately, not many people have done this right – leaving the company elegantly – which can leave a bitter taste and resentment. Just because you decide to quit, it doesn’t mean that you should leave everything in a negative manner. And knowing how to compose the resignation letter properly is the key to keep your reputation intact.
Understanding the Resignation Letter
A resignation letter is the formal written document that informs the company that you are leaving. When done properly, the right letter can help you maintain a positive reputation as well as relationship with your previous employer. The right resignation letter can leave you the positive and strong impression. It gives everyone positive vibes – it gives you positive flair while maintaining the positive relation with the company. No hard feeling, indeed.
When you are working in a company, it is crucial to notify them that you are leaving – and not in a short notice. When you suddenly and abruptly leave, it will create problems to the human resources and co-workers. It will definitely create a negative feeling and also effect. Moreover, submitting the resignation letter can maintain your dignity. You don’t know when you are going to need a reference or recommendation from the previous employer, so just maintain a positive attitude.
- 10+ Letter Stencils Template Method to Create Decorative Products
- 14+ Certificate Template Use and Creation
- 14+ What is the To Do List Template and how to make it?
- 15+ Letter of Intent Template Sample to Write
- Printable Letters Template
Composing the Resignation Letter
Not many people are familiar with the right construction and structure of the resignation letter, so it is only logical to make use of the already provided resignation letter template to create your own letter. With the already provided construction, you only need to fill in the information and provide the contents as your heart desires.
So, what are the elements you will find in the resignation letter template?
- Date of the letter being submitted
- The employee’s name, address, and contact info
- The employer’s name, position, company, company’s address
- The announcement to leave the position
- The words of gratitude for the working opportunity
- The reason to leave the current position
- The offer to help with the transition
- The employee’s name
The Information within the Letter
When you are writing a resignation letter, keep these things in mind:
- Provide the information of your last working days or details.
- Put yourself in the reader’s shoes. When you receive such a letter, what kind of information do you want to get?
- Don’t forget to thank your employer about the opportunity for working there and also offer them to help make the transition easier.
- Mention how you can help with the transition – whether you will complete your responsibility or you will help train the new worker, etc
- You want to say good-bye in a positive way so the letter shouldn’t include critics or complaints. Leave peacefully and don’t leave any tarnished reputation.
In the end, you should remember that it is always appropriate to say good-bye because you are joining the company in a peaceful manner – keep it that way. Consult the resignation letter template to help you with the letter.