A property owner can decide to terminate a lease for different reasons. Sometimes, this termination equates to non-renewal. In this article, we will focus on discussing a notice of lease termination letter from landlord to tenant. Now, let’s pay attention to the following discussion!
Can a Landlord Terminate Your Lease for No Reason?
Usually, a landlord terminates a lease without reason at the lease term expiration. It means your landlord is under no obligation in order to renew your lease or let you to stay in the property for extra time unless you can invoke an anti-retaliation law.
- 10+ 4 Year College Plan Template
- 5+ 50th Birthday Invitation psd template free
- 5+ 4 Generation Family Tree Template
- Printable Auto Bill Of Sale Form
- 5+ 4×6 Postcard Mailing template free psd
What to Include in a Notice of Lease Termination Letter?
This kind of letter should contain a few elements. They include:
- The date of the termination letter
- The tenant’s name & address
- A request the tenant vacate by a specified date
- The reasons for termination
- A reference to the lease clause the lets you end the lease
- The date you wish to do a walk-through inspection
How to Make a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant
Here is how to make such a letter properly:
- Write the date first.
- Include the effective date of the termination
- State a request for final inspection
- Add any other details related to a certain situation
- Sign off the lease termination letter
Tips for Making a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant
The following tips must be considered when you make this kind of letter:
- Follow the proper format.
- The tone depends on the circumstances.
- Use a friendly tone.
- Use formal language.
- Be specific in providing the reasons.
- Keep it concise, brief, and easy to understand.
- Proofread it to avoid mistakes & errors.
A Sample of a Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant
Now, let’s pay attention to this sample:
Dear Mr. Parker,
The lease agreement for the property addressed at 1717 North Collins will expire on January 31st, 2021. The agreement contains a clause letting for a month-to-month lease continuation. However, I decide not to enter into this clause. Effective on January 31st, 2021, we will terminate the agreement.
Our area has a great growth in the last decade. Many new businesses are established. So, we will update and expand the commercial property. Our plan is to expand 4 new office spaces and update existing offices.
We’re happy with your payment history. However, our decision makes you have to move. We’d like to invite you to come & see our new facility when the remodeling is done. We’re sure that you will be our tenant again.
I apologize for any hardship caused by this decision. If you have any questions, just feel free to call me at (111)-111-1111. Wish you all the best in your future!
Mr. Tommi, Owner
Olay Business Property
That is all about a notice of lease termination letter from landlord to tenant. Hopefully, the guidelines and a sample above can help you a lot.