How to Write Law Curriculum Vitae (with Example)
To impress a legal recruiter, you have to write strong curriculum vitae (CV). Law curriculum vitae have its own format & structure. So, you should write it professionally. If you don’t know how to write it properly, let’s pay attention to the following sample & guidelines!
Sample of Law Curriculum Vitae
Below is a law curriculum vitae sample you can use for your reference:
10 High Hills Lane, London
The Law College, London (2016-2017)
Legal Practice Course (Full-time)
Electives in commercial law, advanced property & employment law
The Law College, London (2015-2016)
Graduate Diploma in Law
Birmingham University (2011-2015)
Bachelor of Arts in Languages (French & Spanish)
Included a year out spent at Madrid University
Awarded “John Smith Award” for the best dissertation mark)
Liverpool High School, Liverpool (2008-2011)
A-levels: French (B), English Literature (A), and Spanish (A)
Bergman & Collingwood, London (2019-2021)
Vacation placement in an international commercial company working in the Real Estate & Commercial Litigation departments.
- Helped in building clients & gained an insight into commercial problems
- Prepared case bundles as well as liaised with barristers & chambers
- Drafted legal updates, published on the firm’s web
- Researched commercial disputes in the firm
AMH Group, London (2017-2018)
Work experience in a general practice firm. Gained insight into areas like commercial disputes, conveyance & family law.
- Attended court to file documents
- Researched a family law area for an associate solicitor
- Observed part of a trial on a commercial matter
Bar Manager, the Clay Inn (2015-2018)
Worked part-time as a bar team member, being promoted to bar manager.
- Organized staff
- Responsible for ensuring tills had sufficient cash flow
- Ensured that customers were quickly & efficiently served
Positions of Responsibility & Interests
- Spanish Teacher – Started my own business teaching children Spanish through drama, games, and music at weekends
- Yoga – Qualified yoga instructor. I set up a new club of yoga at The Law College.
- Sport – A member of The Law College hockey team, winning a national university tournament.
- Commercial Awareness Forum – Chair of the Commercial Awareness Forum
- Class Representative for the LPC – Attended meetings with the Law College’s senior members of staff, ensuring the views of my fellow students were expressed
How to Write Law Curriculum Vitae
Here is how to create lawyer curriculum vitae step by step:
- You have to write your contact details first.
- You should start with your education.
- Then, you can continue with your legal experience & other experience.
- If needed, you may include your hobbies, interests, etc.
What Is a Law CV?
A curriculum vitae (CV) usually refers to your academic resume. It is the centerpiece of your application letter. Your CV should be a one-stop information source for a law school hiring committee. Unlike a resume, a CV doesn’t need to be limited to only one page.
- A Simple Guide To Write Your Beginner Actor Cover Letter
- An Army Engineer Cover Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Professional Sample of Marine Mechanics Cover Letter and What You Need to Know about the Job
- Writing Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Cover Letter for Your Career
- AD Agency Account Executive Cover Letter Along With Example
What Should Law CV Look Like?
A legal CV should be about 2 or 3 pages in length and follow the proper format & structure as you can see in the example above. A law CV is started with personal details and has a few sections depending on the information you need to provide.
Does a Lawyer Need a CV?
Many lawyers use a reverse chronology resume. Actually, there are a few other formats that can be used but that is the most accepted one. In fact, recruiters will focus on your recent education and experience. That is why your education & experience should be listed in a reverse chronology.
How Can I Improve My Law CV?
To improve your legal curriculum vitae, you should use a clear & simple layout. You also need to tailor your CV to every legal job you apply for. You should also state your objective on your CV. providing a professional profile will also improve your CV. You must also big up your skills & achievements.
Law Curriculum Vitae with No Work Experience
A CV is more impressive if you include your work experience. The more job experience you have, the more impressive it will be. However, your CV can still stand out even with no work experience. Your education & skills can be the centerpiece of your CV.
Law Curriculum Vitae Template Word
Available in Word, this CV template is editable. So, you can edit this to fit your needs based on your qualifications. You can also easily match it with the job posting.
Law Curriculum Vitae for College
This CV is appropriate for a college student who wants to continue his/her study or applies for a legal job. This CV will help you to get your job experience as a law.
Curriculum Vitae for Law First Job
If you are looking for a first job in law, you will need to use this CV. You can edit this law CV sample template based on your personal information, education, skills, experience, interests, etc.
Law Curriculum Vitae Sample
This CV sample is designed for you who are interested in working in the law industry. This is a sample of a law CV that uses a professional format & structure. So, you have to follow its format in writing your own CV.
Law Curriculum Vitae Example
If you need inspiration, this example will inspire you in writing a good law CV. This CV example is simple and flexible so that it can be your reference.
Free Law Curriculum Vitae Template
Looking for a free curriculum vitae template? This can be your option. This free CV template can be used for any job position including a law. With this free editable template, you will be able to create your own law CV quickly & effortlessly.
After you look at the sample above clearly and understand how to write good law curriculum vitae, you should practice creating your own CV. Your CV should be fulfilled with true information based on your own qualification and matched with the position & requirements on the job posting.