An internship letter of interest is used to introduce yourself to a hiring manager and express that you are interested in an internship position in his/her company. It must explain why you are interested in it briefly. The more important thing is that you explain why you are the most ideal candidate.
How Do You Write a Letter of Interest for an Internship?
Writing such a letter can be done with the following steps:
- Firstly, point out the position you are applying for.
- Secondly, put the right keywords.
- Thirdly, list education & coursework.
- Then, include relevant abilities and skills.
- Next, describe why you are the most ideal candidate.
- Lastly, explain why the company should hire you.
What to Include in a Letter of Interest
An internship letter of interest should contain the following elements:
- Greeting or salutation
- An introduction or opening paragraph
- The body of the letter in one to three paragraphs
- A closing or concluding paragraph
How to Make an Internship Letter of Interest
Here is how to make this kind of letter:
- Greet the hiring manager first.
- Express your interest then.
- After that, describe your education, experience, skills, and abilities that relate to the position you are applying for.
- Then, you should state that you want an opportunity to have an interview.
- Finally, thank the hiring manager and end up with your signature.
Tips to Make an Internship Letter of Interest
To make a good letter of interest, you should consider the following tips:
- First, make sure that it follows the proper format.
- Besides that, you have to use good grammar.
- In addition, it is very important to pay attention to spelling mistakes.
- Then, you have to keep it brief, concise, and easy to understand.
- One more, proofread it before sending the letter of interest.
Internship Letter of Interest Sample
For your reference, you can use the sample below:
Dear Mrs. Junnie,
I’m writing this to express my interest in the internship position of recruitment & placement specialist. I’ll graduate with a bachelor’s degree in HR this year. I’m aware of your company’s good reputation so that I believe that working in your company will be my best choice.
I’ve ever worked as an assistant to the training & development manager. This experience is very valuable for me. Anyway, your company will be the best place for me to start a career after my graduation.
I expect to graduate with honors. My study program focused on human communications & psychology. I have great written & verbal skills. I also have good organizational skills. I’ve worked to develop an understanding of human motivation.
I’d like the chance to contribute my best to your company. I’d appreciate the chance to expand on my qualifications with you. You can contact me via phone or email. Thank you very much for your consideration.
That is all about an internship letter of interest. After understanding how to write such a letter, you can practice writing it on your own by following the sample above.