Among the many types of resume to consider or to choose, you probably want to have at least one format of functional resume template. Who knows? You may need it one day. After all, saving one document shouldn’t be difficult or complicated. All you have to do is to download the file and save it in your device. Piece of cake!
Understanding More about a Functional Resume
Why would you need the functional resume template and how it be different from the regular one? Well, if you have been transferring professional industries or jobs, you will definitely need a functional resume. Let’s say that you were previously working as an accountant and now you are in the creative media, working as the creative content advisor. It’s such a big leap from professional financial sector to the creative field, isn’t it? This is why you need the special resume.
The functional resume is also used when you have a past imperfect work experience – which means that your past work was somewhat incomplete or with flaws. Moreover, if you have some years of being unemployed and you really want to cover the absence in those years, then this type of resume will fit your needs just well. After all, its purpose is to make the (future) employer assume that you have a ‘normal’ working experience. No need to worry, this isn’t a method of cheating or whatsoever. After all, not everyone is perfect so it is very common and humane to have this kind of flaw.
How to Write a Functional Resume
If you consult the functional resume template, there is a certain structure or construction to the letter, such as:
- Contact info. Be sure to include all the required information, including name, address, phone number, email, and even your own website (if you have any)
- Summary of qualification. This kind of stage is crucial because it will hide your inactive or unemployment periods. If you have gaps in your professional years, then having the summary of qualification will definitely help. It also has an added benefit of emphasizing your achievements during your working period. When the employer has seen your achievements, nothing else matters. Don’t forget to note down around 4 to 5 examples of your achievement and you should be good to go.
- Relevant skills. When you apply for a job, you should have the skills to meet the requirements, right? Make sure that you DO have the skills and write it down. It would be even greater if you have met all of the skills requirements for the work.
The example for the relevant skill sections is:
- Able to increase sales up to 5% three months in a row
- Awarded ‘Sales of the Year’ for consistently increasing sales
- Able to work in a team
- Scored more than 90% for customer satisfaction rating
It is best to consult the template if you want to nail the professional-looking resume without stressing on your flaws. That’s why the functional resume template is designed for a reason.