Construction Resumes and Useful Tips to Follow
Construction is one of the most popular industries. This industry is very great so that you will have a bright future if you work in a construction industry. However, you have to impress your potential employer first. The following construction resumes& tips will be useful and helpful for you.
Sample of Construction Resume
Now, let’s pay attention to a construction resume sample below!
45 Windfield Drive, Charleston, SC 55292
Laborer with 11 years of experience in construction, repairs, handy work, and inspections looking for a position as a Construction Site Manager. Proven skills in management & a deep familiarity with all successful foremanship aspects. Aiming to leverage my skills & fill the managerial role at your organization. Have a GED & bilingual in English and Spanish.
Fast Furious Industries, San Antonio, TX
Construction Worker, December 2015 – present
- Maintained a clean & safe work area averaging 45,000 sq ft
- Helped in constructing buildings & assembling sheet metal components as well as equipment structural components
- Distributed & utilized building materials, tools, and machinery in a team of up to 20 other workers
- Measure & record distances or openings to layout areas where construction work is going to be performed
- Inspect avg. of 5 job sites a month to determine the extent of repairs or maintenance required, and an estimated budget & time to completion
Sun Flower Group, Sugar Land, TX
General Laborer, August 2010 – October 2015
- Helped other personnel as required to maintain safety in the packaging/assembly area
- Directed the loading & unloading of goods in inventory warehouse with at least 7 other workers
- Handled routine repairs to building like installing and repairing electrical wiring, painting, drywall, plumbing, etc.
- Performed maintenance & construction work for a large grocery wholesaler serving over 2,500 visitors a day
Viroh University, San Antonio, TX
- Diploma, Stanson High School, July 2010
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Highly motivated & able to lead in a team environment
- Knowledge of OSHA construction site safety regulations
- Expert with hand & power tools
- Familiarity with inspection standards & codes
- Can lift up to 120 lbs.
How to Write a Construction Resume
To write a construction job resume, there are a few steps you will have to do:
- Firstly, start with your contact!
- Secondly, write your profile!
- Thirdly, add your experience highlights!
- Then, include your education!
- Next, list your skills!
People also ask
How Do You List Construction Skills on a Resume?
To list construction skills on your resume, you should start with your hard skills first. After that, you can continue with your construction safety skills. Then, you have to write your project-management skills. Next, you must include other skills you have such as administrative skills, physical skills, etc.
Do You Need a Resume for a Construction Job?
If you are looking for a construction job, writing a resume is required. A well-built resume will help support your job search. Through a solid resume, you can show your educational background, relevant skills, experience, and even achievements. So, your potential employer will be impressed.
How Do You Describe a Construction Job?
Before applying for a construction job, you have to understand your job description. If you become a construction worker, you will work to prepare construction sites, tools, & materials. You will also load and unload debris, garbage, & dangerous materials from sites. And there are still many other duties.
Construction Resume with No Work Experience
To work as a construction worker, experience is important but not a must. This construction resume template is appropriate for you who are interested in a construction job but have never worked in the construction industry before. In this case, you should focus on your skills.
Construction Resume Template Word
This resume template is available in Word that allows you to edit it. A construction resume has a few sections and you can edit each section easily based on your own qualifications. Since it is an editable resume, you can easily match it with the job posting.
Construction Resume for College
Whether you want to continue your study or look for a construction job, this resume will help you a lot. This resume is designed for you who are applying for an entry-level position in the construction industry such as a general laborer and construction worker.
Resume for Construction First Job
If you are looking for your first job in the construction industry, you will need to use this resume. This resume will help you to impress your potential employer by demonstrating your skills. If you have any unpaid job experience, just feel free to include it on your resume!
Construction Resume Sample
This construction resume sample template can be your reference in writing a solid resume. With a solid resume, you will be able to make your potential employer impressed. This resume sample uses a proper structure so that its format is certainly accepted by any recruiter.
Construction Resume Example
For you who want to write a resume for a construction job, this example will inspire and guide you. This resume example is not only easy to read but also easy to edit. So, you can make it fit your needs easily. You can edit this resume example using Ms. Word. Just make sure that you follow its format!
Free Construction Resume Template
If you are searching for a free template of a resume, especially for a construction job, this can be your option. This resume template is 100% free to use by anyone. So, whenever you need this template for writing a strong resume, you can use this template. This template is reviewed by a professional writer.
Writing a resume should be done carefully. The following construction resumes really help you in writing a good resume. After paying attention to the example and guidelines above, now you have to practice writing your own resume. By following the guidance above, you have to make your resume impressive.