- 1 Classic Resume to Get a First Job Experience
- 2 Sample of Classic Resume
- 3 How to Write a Classic Resume
- 4 What is a Classic Resume?
- 5 How Do You Write a Classic Resume?
- 6 Why Should You Opt for a Classic Resume?
- 7 Who Should Use a Classic Resume?
- 8 What Skills Should You Put on a Classic Resume?
Classic Resume to Get a First Job Experience
A hiring employer will review many resumes a day when recruiting for a certain position. So, it is very important to have a quality resume. You have to keep it simple so that the hiring employer will get an idea of what you offer quickly. In this case, it will be better to write a classic resume.
Sample of Classic Resume
To know more about a good resume, let’s pay attention to the following classic resume sample!
234 Court St., Huntsville, AL 55292
Experienced customer service representative seeking a job position in which I can use my extensive skills in customer satisfaction & management.
Customer Service Manager
XYZ Company, Huntsville, AL
March 2017 – present
- Recruited & trained new representatives
- Earned 100% ratings in all areas ( communication, listening skills, politeness)
- Resolved customer service inquiries, complaints, & billing questions
- Met performance benchmarks in all areas consistently
Customer Service Representative
JIH Company, Huntsville, AL
January 2013 – February 2017
- Received averagely 95% customer service satisfaction rating every year
- Followed up with all leads proactively
- Promoted customer satisfaction through quality service & fast problem resolution
- Ensured positive customer experience by intently listening & using good skills in communication
- Used electronic cataloging systems to research & determine product availability as well as answer customer inquiries
Huntsville High School, Huntsville, AL
Diploma received December 2012
- Complaint resolution
- Service-based selling or telesales
- Telephone skills
- Inventory software (Netsuite)
- Computer database management (Pipedrive, Freshsales)
How to Write a Classic Resume
A classic resume template contains a few key sections and information. So, you have to know how to write it properly.
- Firstly, begin with your name & contact information!
- Secondly, write a professional summary at the top part!
- Thirdly, highlight your work history chronologically!
- After that, you should also list your accomplishments.
- Then, don’t forget to include your education!
- Lastly, you are required to add your key skills.
People also ask
What is a Classic Resume?
A classic resume is also well known as a basic resume or simple resume. It is a time-tested format to pick for any field of career, especially if you have no much job experience yet. This resume format is easy to read & has a minimal style. It is organized, clean, & streamlined for maximum readability.
How Do You Write a Classic Resume?
When writing a simple resume, you should consider some tips. First, you have to be consistent with the font & size. Besides, you should always use neutral colors. Then, you may need to incorporate white space. In addition, make sure that you only include relevant information and keep it short!
Why Should You Opt for a Classic Resume?
Compared to professional or creative resumes, classic resumes are more conservative. You have to think about the company to which you send that resume. You may use different formats & styles based on the “culture” of the company to which you are applying.
Who Should Use a Classic Resume?
Classic resumes are best for you who are looking for cleaned & streamlined resumes. If you work in a physical or technical field, it is also better to use a classic format for your resume. This resume is also good for a student, a new employee, or you who want to apply for an entry-level job position.
What Skills Should You Put on a Classic Resume?
It depends on the skills you have. Make sure that the skills put on your resume are relevant to the job posting. The best skills to put on your resume include problem-solving, collaboration, organizational, time-management, leadership, computer, communication, and people skills.
Classic Resume with No Work Experience
A classic resume is best for you who have no job experience. With no job experience, you can still impress a hiring employer with your education & skills. If you have unpaid work like internships or volunteering, just feel free to include them!
Classic Resume Template Word
This resume template is very simple but uses a professional format. Even though it comes with basic information, you can edit this resume template Word to fit your needs. Make sure that you adjust it to your qualifications and match it with the job posting.
Classic Resume for College
Classic resumes are appropriate for college students or fresh graduates. You just need to include basic information related to the position you are applying for. So, this resume is best for you who are applying for a part-time job.
Classic Resume for First Job
A basic/classic resume is usually used by an individual who is looking for a first job. So, if you are also looking for your first job experience, you will need to write a resume with a classic format/style. This kind of resume is simple and easy to read.
Classic Resume Sample
This resume sample uses the chronological format. It also uses good grammar as well as correct English spelling. This resume is written &reviewed by a professional writer. So, just make sure that you follow its format rightly.
Classic Resume Example
If this is the first you would like to write a resume, it is better for you to pay attention to this example. This resume example will inspire and guide you in writing an impressive resume. This resume can also be your reference to format and structure your own resume.
Free Classic Resume Template
Before you start writing a resume, you have to know about the right format. Therefore, you may need this free resume template. This classic resume is completely free to use and edit. So, just feel free to customize all the information in each section to fit your needs.
There are a few styles of resumes available you can choose. For an entry-level position, we recommend you to use a classic resume. If you are a student or fresh graduate who is looking for a first job experience, you should use this resume. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.