- 1 Free Customizable Server Resume Sample
- 2 A Sample of a Server Resume
- 3 How to Write a Server Resume
- 4 What Should a Server Put on Resume?
- 5 How Do You Describe Server Duties on a Resume?
- 6 How Do You List Server Experience on Resume?
- 7 Server Resume with No Work Experience
- 8 Server Resume Sample
Free Customizable Server Resume Sample
A server provides patrons with the best dining experience. He/she takes orders, serves food & beverages, and also answers questions regarding the menu. A server resume sample covers relevant experience in the dining industry and skills like stress tolerance, problem-solving, and active listening.
A Sample of a Server Resume
For your reference, you can pay attention to the following server resume example:
9980 Haven Street, Bloomington, IN 11009
Server with 8-year experience in food preparation & service as well as a certificate in Food Handling & Safety. Processes a keen knowledge of entries, wines, & the responsibilities of a successful restaurateur. Aiming to leverage my knowledge to perform a server position effectively at your restaurant.
JJ Restaurant, Chicago, IL / December 2015 – February 2021
- Memorized wine stock & accompanying meals of the restaurant, leading to daily wine sales of $200.
- Wrote food orders of patrons on slips, memorized orders, & also entered orders for transmittal to kitchen staff in a 100+ seat restaurant.
- Cleaned work areas, silverware, dishes, & utensils, and also ensured they are appropriately stored in accordance to state law.
- Performed food preparation duties like brewing coffee, portioning salads, and assembling salads, appetizers, & cold dishes in a fast-paced line kitchen.
Lux Italian Grill, Chicago, IL / August 2013 – November 2015
- Presented menus to patrons & answered questions about menu items, making recommendations on request in a 100+ seat restaurant.
- Helped host/hostess by answering calls to take reservations/to go orders as well as by greeting, seating, & thanking guests.
- Stored food in designated storage areas & containers to prevent spoilage and also increase shelf life.
- Presented wine samples for guests to taste as well as opened bottles for them on their approval.
- Certificate in Food Handling & Safety
Chicago Community College, Chicago, IL
- A. / Culinary Arts
Kendall College, Chicago, IL
Employee of the Month
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- POS Terminals
- Customer service
- Team work, adaptability, and problem solving
How to Write a Server Resume
- First of all, you will have to add the following key server skills: technical skills, personality, and salesmanship.
- After that, you should provide a convincing career objective or resume objective.
- For the next step, you are required to describe your relevant work experience in bullet points.
- For the final step, you need to include your relevant additional skills on your server resume template.
People also ask
What Should a Server Put on Resume?
To apply for a server position, you should put your hard skills such as:
- Knowledge of restaurant machinery
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of wine pairings & alcohol in general
- Point of sale system or cash register
- Computer skills
How Do You Describe Server Duties on a Resume?
Some of the examples of server duties include familiarizing menu & daily specials to guests, recording food & drink orders accurately, running multi-course meals, & tallying bills. You should describe your duties in a simple & clear manner.
How Do You List Server Experience on Resume?
- Firstly, write the most recent serving job!
- Secondly, list your relevant experiences chronologically!
- Thirdly, provide clear examples!
- After that, highlight your skills in customer service!
- Lastly, include your business accomplishments!
Server Resume with No Work Experience
If you’re just starting your career in serving job, you should create a server resume with no experience. We know that experience is very important and vital for this position. However, impressing the hiring employer can be with your education, skills, awards, etc.
Server Resume Template Word
If you are looking for a resume template on the internet, you are on the right site. Here, you can find a resume template available in Word document. So, you can easily open, edit, and print it. This template is free so that anyone can use this template.
Server Resume for College
If you are a college student and want to look for a part-time job as a server at a restaurant, you will need to write a resume to get your very first job. Because you are still a student, you can emphasize your skills. Make sure that you include all the relevant skills to the position.
Resume for Server First Job
This server resume template sample can be used by anyone who is interested in the serving job, even if this is the first job you are applying for. Getting the first job is very challenging. If you cannot emphasize your experience, you can focus on your education and skills. If you got achievements, you can add them.
Server Resume Sample
This resume sample is easy to read and use. It is also customizable. If you are interested in it, just feel free to use it. Then, you can customize it to fit your own qualifications. Even though impressing your potential employer is very important, make sure that you stay honest.
Server Resume Example
You can easily find a resume example for a serving job easily on the internet. This example is appropriate for you who are looking for a serving job. Whether you are just starting for your career or you are an experienced server, this example will help you a lot. So, just feel free to use it for your reference!
Free Server Resume Template
This resume template is not only customizable but also free. So, if you are inspired by this template, you can use it anytime you want. With this template, you will be able to write your own server resume quickly and effortlessly. You just need to tailor it based on your qualifications.
It is always challenging to write a resume including when you are applying for a serving job. With this server resume sample, you can get inspired what you will have to write. Before sending your resume, make sure to proofread it first to avoid mistakes and errors.
Server Resume Sample