Sometimes, an organization requires a volunteer recommendation letter before they accept a volunteer into the organization. This may be that money will be handled to maintain a tax exempt status. This kind of letter may be from any person who can testify to the volunteer’s character, integrity, and honesty.
What Is a Volunteer Recommendation Letter?
This is a kind of letter that recommends an organization to accept a volunteer. In fact, there are many people who want to be volunteers but not all of them are trustworthy. Of course, an organization should only accept volunteers who can really help the organization grow.
- 10+ Pregnant announcement psd template free
- 10+ letter head template
- Printable Index Cards 5×8
- 10+ massage gift certificate template free psd
- Printable Amortization Chart
What Are Good Things to Put in a Recommendation Letter?
Such a letter should contain a few information details. They include:
- Who you are
- The relationship between you and the volunteer you are recommending
- Why the recommended volunteer is qualified
- The volunteer’s specific skills
- Specific anecdotes & examples illustrating your support
How to Create a Volunteer Recommendation Letter
Below is the step by step on how to make such a letter:
- Think carefully before accepting.
- Follow the format of a business letter.
- Focus on the job desc.
- Explain how you know the volunteer & for how long.
- Focus on 1 or 2 traits.
- Stay positive.
- Provide your contact details.
- Follow the guidelines of submission.
Tips for Creating a Volunteer Recommendation Letter
To create a good recommendation letter for a volunteer, you need to consider the important tips below:
- Follow the proper format.
- Write it in a positive and professional tone.
- Introduce yourself clearly.
- Give background.
- Customize the letter.
- Highlight specific strengths.
Volunteer Recommendation Letter Sample
There is a letter sample for a volunteer recommendation as you can see below:
Dear Mrs. Sisca,
I’m honored to recommend a dedicated volunteer who have ever worked with me at our association. Swift Charline has more determination and energy than anyone I’ve ever seen. We’ve raised dollars since her involvement with our organization due to her creative and unique fundraising ideas. Now, she holds an office with our association. I believe that she has the multi-tasking talent.
Swift Charline is a type who always fulfills her commitment. She is very dedicated and always promises to do the best. I’ve never found anyone else who is more trustworthy and honest than her. I’m sure that she will serve her best to your organization. She understands & adheres to proper accounting practices. She also compiles accurate financial reports. Even more, she keeps excellent record of transactions.
She is very enthusiastic. She is tireless, dependable, and affable. She is not afraid of changing the game plan when a process doesn’t work. She’s flexible yet committed. If you want to know more about her, we can meet and discuss it further. To arrange a meeting, you can call me at (111)-111-1111.
American Heart Association
That is all about a volunteer recommendation letter. If you are interested in it, use the sample above for your reference for writing such a letter. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.