The maternity leave letter to the employer is one of the important documents to write for the employer. This letter is a protected right for all pregnant women under FMLA (Family and Medical Act) of 1993. Therefore, you will need to arrange this letter properly to make the recipient understand the condition of the letter.
What is a maternity leave letter to the employer to do?
Arranging the proper maternity leave letter to the employer’s idea is important. This letter is a professional way to communicate with your employer that you intend to take maternity leave at the end of pregnancy. This letter also will ensure everyone knows the date of your absence and how your workload will be managed in your absence.
- 10+ club flyer free psd template
- Printable 10×10 Grid
- Printable Engineering Graph Paper
- 10+ Pregnant announcement psd template free
- 10+ field trip permission slip template
How to write a maternity leave letter to employer
When you are arranging this maternity leave letter to employer template, you need to pay attention to the steps in writing. You can follow some ideas below to make this letter impressive:
- Apply the proper formatting and include the date and address on the letter
- Remember to include the recipient’s address and use the proper greeting or salutation
- Explain the reason why you are writing and provide a workload proposal
Tips to write a maternity leave letter to employer
To write this letter, you also need some tips to make this maternity leave letter to employer format easy to read. Here are some of the tips to follow:
- You have to be direct in your opening paragraph and explain that you are writing the letter
- You also need to propose a plan for how you suggest covering your workload
- Express the sincere gratitude for your employer’s support in taking time away from work
The example of maternity leave letter to employer
To facilitate your writing this letter, you also need to read a maternity leave letter to the employer example. This example will lead you to write the proper one. It also can be used as your reference to write the letter.
This is a sample:
Dear Ms. Sandy,
I am writing this letter that I will inform you of the news of my pregnancy as well as my intention to take 12 weeks of maternity leave from work. Enclosed in this letter, you will find a medical form with my doctor’s confirmation of my pregnancy. I want to begin my maternity leave 8 weeks from now on January 12, 2015.
I also will inform you as soon as possible if any changes in this plan should occur. I also appreciate your consideration in this matter as I will need the benefit of maternity leave to recover from birth. I can be contacted throughout my maternity leave via telephone at 666-888-5555. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any clarification is needed in this matter. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Secretary of Administration Department
That is all about a maternity leave letter to the employer. You only need to include the proper information and a good reason to make this letter easy to read. If it is needed, you also need to include a letter from the doctor about your condition.