Journalist Resume for a Fresher
If you dream of joining the journalism industry, you should create an appealing resume. A journalist’s resume is required to merit a job interview. Every resume should be written in a professional way including for a journalist position. Before writing a journalist resume, let see the following discussion!
Sample of Journalist Resume
We provide you a journalist resume sample below for your reference:
123 Hillside Avenue, Syosset, New York 55292
A dedicated journalist, keen on exploring unexpected angles. Have 8 years of writing experience in many avenues. Seeking to join your company as a journalist in producing factual, ethical, & impactful investigative articles.
- Creative writing style & excellent skills in reporting
- A thorough investigator with a great commitment to protecting sources
- Proven ability to efficiently work in a fast-paced environment. Never missed a deadline with no compromising accuracy
- Proficient with Slickwrite, Hemingway, Echosec, TinEye, and Adobe Photoshop
- Adept at delivering news as it develops on all up-to-date & forthcoming platforms
Journalist, 2017 – present
WWE Company – New York, NY
- Prepare investigative content for online publications, perform thorough research, & secure information sources
- Write for the website as well as make final decisions on feature stories & layout design
- Utilize creative techniques of production like graphics &the latest forms of media
- Collaborate with assignment editors & managers, news producers, field reporters, and other writers, regarding breaking news stories, investigation accuracy, and publication development
- Edit & review articles of junior writers for libel, clarity, & accuracy
Journalist, 2013 – 2017
ABCD Group – New York, NY
- Covered local events in NY City, conducted interviews on key involved personalities & took photos
- Published 4 articles per week in newspaper & corresponding posts on social media
- Contributed to meetings with fellow reporters to succeed publications
- Wrote hard news & features like trend stories, backgrounders, and human-interest
- Requested & collected public records to corroborate the needed information for articles
Google Labs: Training for Journalists, 2013
Society of Professional Journalist Training Program – New York, NY
Master of Arts in Journalism, 2012
Columbia Journalism College – New York, NY
How to Write a Journalist Resume
A journalism job resume should contain the required sections. Here is how to write it step by step:
- You have to write your contact information first.
- Then, the resume should be started with your resume objective.
- After that, you need to list your skills.
- Next, you are required to highlight your experience.
- To end the resume, you must add your education.
People also ask
What Skills Should I Put on My Resume for Journalism?
A journalist resume template should contain a skills section. Some of the most important skills for journalism include integrity & honesty, investigative skills, technology skills, effective communication skills, journalism instinct, and education.
What Are Your Objectives as a Journalist?
To maintain objectivity in journalism, a journalist has to present the fact if he/she likes or agrees with those facts. The objective is to portray problems & events in a neutral & unbiased manner, regardless of the opinion of the writer or personal beliefs.
What Are the Types of Journalism?
Regarding hard news, there are a few types of journalism. They include sports journalism, education journalism, celebrity journalism, arts journalism, business journalism, crime journalism, political journalism, and investigative journalism.
Is Journalism a Hard Skill?
Journalism should have basic skills like friendliness, social media, and writing but there are some hard skills you can pick up that will set you apart from the rest of the writers. If you’re efficient in videography, photography, and graphic design, you have skills that will benefit you in many ways.
Journalism Resume with No Work Experience
This template will be useful for you who have no work experience to be listed on your resume. There are a few items to be included to increase your value. This resume is appropriate not only for an experienced journalist but also for a fresh graduate.
Journalism Resume Template Word
Available in Word, this template is easy to edit. This editable journalist resume template comes with a basic format & structure and you can rearrange the information provided. You are also allowed to add more details to your resume.
Journalism Resume for College
This resume is ideal for high school or college students. If you are a student, you can use it to continue your study or apply for a job. You can easily tweak the information provided in this resume based on your needs.
Resume for Journalism First Job
This resume can help you to get your first work experience. You just need to follow the proper format and write your own qualities in each section. Make sure that all the information provided in the resume is true.
Journalism Resume Sample
This is a common resume template sample designed for a journalism job. This journalism resume sample can be applied to different fields. Whatever the job and position you want; this sample can be your reference in writing a solid resume to make your potential employer impressed.
Journalism Resume Example
This basic resume is versatile. You can customize this resume based on your needs. This example will be useful when you are looking for your first job or want to get a new job. Anyway, this resume will inspire you to structure and write your own resume.
Free Journalism Resume Template
If you want a free template for a journalism job to be downloaded, this template is a good option for you. It means you don’t need to spend anything more to get it. You can easily edit this template using Ms. Office. For your information, this resume is totally free to use.
Writing a journalist resume is a challenging task because there are many factors you will need to consider. In this case, professionalism is the key so that you have to write your own resume professionally. With this resume, you are one step forward to reach your goals in your career.