An independent contractor can be terminated based on the specifics in the contract. It usually includes the requirement of an advance notice. In this case, a termination letter can be a good way to inform the business or worker of your decision. Here, you will need an independent contractor termination letter.
How Do I Terminate an Independent Contractor Agreement?
If the agreement contains a provision letting the parties terminate the relationship anytime, you will need to revise it to include a notice provision, at least with a kind of notice period needed for termination of the contract.
- 10+ Certificate design psd template free
- Printable Auto Bill Of Sale Form
- 5+ 100 day planning template
- 10+ contact sheet template
- 10+ Printable coupon psd template free
How Do You Terminate a Contract Politely?
The best way to terminate a contract is to negotiate the termination. If you want to get out of a contract, just contact the other party involved. So, you can negotiate an end date of the contract. Maybe, you have to pay a fee for cancellation.
How to Make an Independent Contractor Termination Letter
How to make such a letter can be done with the following steps:
- Make a salutation first.
- After that, directly inform the recipient that you’ve decided to terminate the agreement.
- Then, give an explanation why you terminate it.
- In the last paragraph, include your contract information.
- End the letter with your signature & name.
Tips for Making an Independent Contractor Termination Letter
Some tips should be considered when you make such a letter:
- The content depends on the wording in the contract.
- It can be written “at will” & let the relationship between contractor and employer to be termination for any reason and at any time.
- Keep it professional.
- Focus and limit the format to the needed & relevant information.
Independent Contractor Termination Letter Sample
Here is a sample for you who want to write a letter for an independent contractor termination:
Dear Mr. Pedro,
I inform you that I’ve decided to terminate the independent contractor agreement. I decide this and I don’t want any negotiation. Please consider it as the official notification.
You’ve received partial payment for some deliverables. I’ve given the specifics for each assignment to you in writing.
I’d like to receive the press release with the publication source for each. I want to see the contract & the ad copy for the advertisement placements soon. You can turn in the research on the effectiveness of mobile billboard advertising before January 15th, 2020.
I’d like to have at least one strategy session with you to discuss the advertising plan you’ve submitted. You’ve been paid for it and & extra hours to let for in-person discussions.
The remaining balance will be given to you soon. The payment is contingent on the work completed based on the specifications in each assignment. Just call me at (111)-111-1111 for any questions. Thank you very much. Wish the best for you!
Mr. Jordan, Owner
Boom Entertainment Services
That is all about an independent contractor termination letter. Now, you can follow the sample above for writing your own letter properly.