If you are still using the fax machine, then you know how important the fax cover sheet is. On the contrary to what people believe, the cover sheet can provide a good info of what it is about and who should receive it – especially if the machine is used in an office with more than 2 people working in it. Not all fax messages are for you so the sheet can provide the needed information of who it is intended to before you read the message and realize that it is not for you.
Fax Cover Sheet Usage and Function
Because the fax cover sheet will provide information about the receiver as well as the sender, it is mostly used to identify the recipient of the message – and also the sender. In the real life, you don’t necessarily have to send this cover sheet. However, it would be helpful to provide information to everyone. Of course, if you are the only user of the fax machine, then having the cover sheet won’t be necessary. But you are sharing an office (along with the utilities and machineries), then having the sheet will help.
- 17+ Heart Template for Meaningful and Special Content
- 9+ Easy and Editable Doctors Note Template
- 8+ Resignation Letter Template Sample and the Important Elements
- 10+ Letter Stencils Template Method to Create Decorative Products
- 3+ Literature Review Example Template and How to Make One
Imagine this: You get a fax without any information of the sender. You have to read the message first and then you just know who the sender is. Compare it to this situation: You have the cover sheet, with your name as the recipient and the name of the sender. You immediately have the ‘aha’ moment because you know who it is and the likely message he has. Once you have read the message, your guts are confirmed about the discussed topic. Isn’t it better if you are in the latter situation? Not only you know who the sender and what it is all about, you can reply as soon as possible. As you are reading the name and the message, your mind starts composing answers and response. In the previous situation, you will have to read everything first and then get the whole idea, and then probably still figuring out who the sender is. Isn’t it going to take longer to respond?
The Elements of the Fax Cover Sheet
If you are going to make a functional and useful fax cover sheet, what are the elements to include?
- First of all, the upper area should be about the recipient and the sender. They should be the first elements that start this document. If you check the templates, you will see that most of them started with this system.
- The second part is about the details of the document. This area is about the information of the message (the shorter one) and the extra info, such as whether there is an extra attachments or such thing alike.
- The third part is about page numbers and date of the sending. The page number info seems unimportant but it will prevent any misunderstanding related to incomplete transmission.
- The fourth part is basically optional because it contains additional information – whether the documents are legal matters or whether the documents are confidential or not or such thing alike.
There are tons of templates for fax cover sheet out there but make sure to choose a reliable source to make yourself look professional.