Database Administrator Resume to Land The First Job
Becoming a database administrator is very interesting to continue the career. There are kinds of facilities that can be gotten. However, to get this position, you need to prepare your database administrator resume, especially in facing the whole recruitment process.
Yes, a resume will be a very essential document for the recruitment process. Inside a resume, there will be kinds of personal information about the candidate. The personal information here is used as a way to promote their capabilities.
Something that you need to know, a recruiter will use a resume a the first comparison. It means the shape of your resume will influence the result of the recruitment process.
Sample of Database Administrator Resume
Here, we have a simple sample for the database administrator resume. This sample can be a good reference and guidance to write your resume perfectly.
New York, NY | (123) 283-1193 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a new position as a DBA that utilizes the software and hardware components with the new technology and creative details. Encourage innovative thinking, career development, and recognition.
The West Tech, Database Administrator
July 2019 – current
- Provided security to all system consistently and efficiently
- Involved in different working, as analysis, coding, designing, unit testing, and others relate to the needs
- Developed and modified the SQL packages, triggers, function, and other matters to create a better program
- Optimized the performance of some systems by doing some innovations and removing the unnecessary items
- Created the database maintenance planner
- Planned the whole backing up for the database and restored the old data
The Quick Tech, Database Administrator
April 2015 – July 2019
- Analyzed the whole allocation, included the column, and optimized the plans
- Evaluate and monitor the execution plans
- Coordinate the SSIS package, SSRS, maintenance plans, and latency
- Constructed the packages of SSIS
- Tested and implemented the whole programs
The State University of Florida
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and Management
January 2010 – December 2014
- Data migration
- Disaster recovery
- SQL server
How to Make a Good Database Administrator Resume
Since a resume is very essential to face the recruitment process, of course, you need to be careful in writing this document. There are some common steps to be followed when you want to write a professional resume.
The ways to follow in writing a good database administrator resume are:
- Find the right format of a professional resume
- Write the personal information including the detailed contact
- Write the experience that is relevant to the job
- Insert the educational information
- List the skills that relate to the job
- Include some awards and others that could support the argument
- Insert other important information if it is needed
- Proofread the whole document before printing
What are the responsibilities of the database administrator?
As we have said before, a database administrator is an important figure inside a company. A person in this position will have essential responsibilities to be handled.
Some responsibilities of the database administrator to be known are:
- Install and maintain the detailed performance of the server for the database
- Develop the different processes to maximize the security of the database
- Maintain and set the standards of the database
- Manage the access of the database
- Install, manage, and upgrade the different application to keep the performance of the database
What are the key skills that a database administrator needs to have?
A professional database administrator needs to have some top skills to manage their responsibilities. The skills that this agent needs to have are:
- High attention to detail
- The logical approach to work
- Ability to make priorities for some tasks
- Skills of problem-solving
- Good organizational skills
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills
How to be a professional database administrator?
To be a professional database administrator, you need to do some steps, as:
- Get a bachelor’s degree
- Get the experience of work
- Learn the kinds of computer language
- Master the different computer platforms and programs
- Pursue the certification of the software vendor
- Create a professional resume
Kinds of Database Administrator Resume
As we have said before, a professional database administrator resume is an important document to be prepared when you want to join the company and get this position. Well, to ease you in writing this document, you may use a template of it.
Using a template is very essential since you will find a simple arrangement to follow. Of course, by seeing the detailed arrangement, writing a resume will be easier to be done. Here we have some samples of the template that you may follow.
SQL Database Administrator Resume Template
This SQL database administrator resume template can be a good reference to make a professional resume. It consists of a good arrangement about what to be included inside a resume so the recruiter could give more attention during the process.
Experienced Database Administrator Resume Template
If you have some experience as a database administrator and want to continue your career in a better position, here this template can be applied. This template will be very useful to highlight the whole experience and increase your professionalism.
No Experience Database Administrator Resume Template
Do you want to be a new database administrator but have no experience? Here, this database administrator resume template can be your helper. This template is a very simple document to follow. It will give more space to show your personality.
Simple Database Administrator Resume Template
For those who look for a simple template to make a resume, here this sample can be applied. It is a simple but perfect template to be followed. By using this template, of course, you could know what to be written inside a professional resume.
Fresher Database Administrator Resume Template
For a fresher that wants to be a new database administrator, this template can be a good reference. A fresher may have no experience to be shared. However, by using this template, you could highlight another matter to get the attention of the recruiter.
Well, that is all about the database administrator resume that you need to know. Of course, find the perfect database administrator resume template to ease you in writing it. Besides, do not forget to proofread the document before printing.
Database Administrator Resume Sample