Best Resume Formats for You
When landing a job, you have to make the hiring manager impressed. So, it is very important for you to be able to write an impressive resume. For your information, resumes can be written in different formats. You should understand best resume formats to use.
An Example of a Simple Resume
In this article, we provide a resume format sample you can use for your reference for writing your own resume:
01 Puma Road
Milltown, MA 91919
Highly organized as well as diligent professional drawing on 10 years of experience, in finance & accounting to contribute to productive and smooth operations, Excellent command of financial analysis, budget development, & accounting best practices. Collaborate cross-functionally across organizational levels for building consensus, tracking benchmark achievement, & troubleshooting emerging problems.
- QuickBooks & Ms. Office Suite
- Positive teamwork & collaboration
- Office administration
- Federal & State tax preparation
- Oral & written communications
- Bookkeeping: AP, AR, Account Reconciliations, Payroll
- JJ Services, Inc. – Milltown, MA
Practice Manager, June 2019 – present
Handle & optimize administrative operations for seven physician medical practices. The responsibilities include preparation of financials for CPA, budget review, accounting, and accounts receivable/payable.
- Eliminated backlog in financial reports in 20 days of initial hiring.
- Project-managed the acquisition & installation of healthcare billing software which reduced errors by 35%.
- Developed & organized office policies, procedures, as well as accounting and administrative workflows that result in a significant increase in office efficiency.
- Reddington Software – Wellington, MA
Accountant, September 2014 to May 2019
Performed office accounting tasks skillfully for a small software store. Gathered & analyzed financial as well as processed accounts payable, account receivable, & payroll for 35-personnel workforce.
- Made monthly & annual budget as well as forecast reports contributing to a 5-percent decrease in annual expenditures.
- Changed accounting system to a new provider as well as integrated accounting, bookkeeping, task, & payroll functions into the new one.
- Prepared company state & federal tax returns as well as ensured compliance with filing deadlines.
- JJ State College, Rutland, VT
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Graduated Magna cum Laude
How to Write a Resume
To write the best resume template, you can follow these steps below:
- First of all, you should begin with your contact details.
- After that, you have to describe yourself.
- Then, you can continue with your core competencies
- For the next step, don’t forget to include your professional experience!
- For the last step, you need to include your education, too.
What Format Do Most Employers Prefer for Resumes?
There are many resume formats available. However, the chronological resume seems to be the most famous and common resume format used. This kind of resume commonly contains an objective as well as career summary statement & chronological listing of all your managers along with relevant accomplishments.
- 20+ Outline Format Template for Better Management
- Request for Promotion to Get a Better Position inside the Company
- 3+ Literature Review Example Template and How to Make One
- Unsolicited Application Letter and Its Sample
- Pastor Appreciation Letter to Congregation and its example
People also ask
What Should Not Be Included in a Resume?
There are a few things you should not put in your resume:
- Details about your interests & hobbies
- Negative comments about a previous employer
- Your age
- Unneeded personal information
- Inaccuracies about your experience or qualifications
- Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes
- A solid text wall
- Too much information
What Are the Common Mistakes of a Resume?
The most common mistakes to avoid when creating a resume are:
- Leaving off important information
- No action verbs
- Bad summary
- Cutting things too short or going on too long
- Highlighting duties instead of work accomplishments
- Attempting the approach of “one-size-fits-all”
- Lack of specifics
- Grammatical errors and typos
Tips for Writing a Good Resume
If you want to make a good resume, you should consider the following tips:
- Use specific keywords!
- Direct hiring manager or recruiter submittals: Applying through career portals or webs is nice!
- Avoid cliché words!
- Cover letter done correctly
- Brag, brag, brag!
Best Resume Format with No Work Experience
You need to list as many as jobs on your resume. Make sure that all of them are relevant to the position you are applying. You are not going beyond the 10 to 15 year limit. However, if you are just looking for the first job, you can focus on your training, accomplishments, etc.
Best Resume Format Template Word
If you want to know the best format to use for a resume, you can pay attention to the following guidelines. There are some formats available you can use. However, each format will be best for different uses. So, make sure that you choose the format carefully.
Best Resume Format for College
The chronological resume format is best for a mid-level professional who has a consistent work history. The functional resume format is best for an individual who has a gap in his or her work history. The combination resume format is best for an experienced professional who has many relevant skills.
Best Resume Format First Job
In some countries, a resume refers to curriculum vitae (CV). It should also provide personal information like birthdates, gender, & marital status that will be illegal for an American employer to request.
Best Resume Format Sample
An HR manager and recruiter usually prefer a chronological resume. This resume format is also easy to skim. Besides, it provides an easy-to-read chronological history of work experience, too. Then, this one is considered the most famous format this year.
Best Resume Format Example
A functional resume is good for highlighting specific skills. It is also useful if you switch careers since you can explain how your skills transfer to the new one. Then, it is also useful if you are a recent graduate who has practical skills, but not much experience.
Free Best Resume Format Template
The combination also belongs to best resume formats you can consider. This format lets you show off more of your skills as well as experience with less space. Besides that, it is also useful for a senior professional or executive who needs to highlight more than just his/her work experience.
Best Resume Formats Sample