- 1 Simple IT Resume Landing a First Job
- 2 Sample of IT Resume
- 3 How to Write an IT Resume
- 4 What Skills Should Be Included in an IT Resume?
- 5 What Should an IT Resume Look Like?
- 6 What Should Be Included in an IT Resume?
- 7 Who Needs to Write an IT Resume?
Simple IT Resume Landing a First Job
Working in IT is very challenging. If you have a relevant educational background, you can be an IT specialist. To make your dream comes true; you have to write a solid resume first. To write an IT resume, you will need to pay attention to the following sample & guidelines.
Sample of IT Resume
An IT resume sample below can be your reference in writing a strong resume:
Main Street 345, Columbia, SC 55292
An IT specialist with 8 years of experience in information security & digital forensics. Expert with different networking, engineering, security, & OS software. Have an associate degree in Information Security & Digital Forensics.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Linux including Kali, BackTrack, Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, and CentOS
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012
- Wireshark/TCPView packet analysis, mail server, and DNS servers
- Ollydbg, malware sandbox, PeiD, IDA Pro, and GBD
- McAfee SIEM/EPO/NSM, Juniper NetScreen/Palo Alto Networks firewall, SSL Certificate configuration & management, Sumo Logic Cloud-based log management, SecureWorks, FireEye CMS/ETP, and IDS/IPS
Security Group, Inc., Columbia, SC
Security Operations Security Analyst, August 2017 – present
- Documented daily security events to make a baseline of activity for the client network
- Investigate incidents caused by malicious activities
- Monitor multiple security systems for the company
Smart Tech Company, Charleston, SC
Network Operations Monitoring Technician, May 2013 – June 2014
- Operated in a datacenter environment
- Investigated alerts made by IDS/IPS including port scanning, SQL injections, compromised servers, and malicious file uploads
- Consolidated multiple systems of ticketing, improving the rate of communication & ticket turnover by 10%
- Refined & improved existing documentation system, resulting in reduced labor costs totaling 15,000 dollars annually via improved workplace efficiency
Chicago Community College, Chicago, IL
AA Information Security & Digital Forensics, 2013
Chicago Community College, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in IT, 2011
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, 2015
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, 2014
- Computer Security & Forensics Certificate, 2013
How to Write an IT Resume
Here is how to write an IT job resume step by step:
- At the top of the document, write your contact information!
- To start your resume, create a career objective!
- After that, you have to include your technical skills as many as possible.
- Then, your experience should be highlighted in detail.
- Next, you need to add your education.
- In the last part, don’t forget to add any relevant certifications!
People also ask
What Skills Should Be Included in an IT Resume?
You have to include hard skills & computer skills on your IT resume template. They include data privacy, internet security, troubleshooting, operating systems, networks, internet applications, computer software knowledge, and computer hardware knowledge.
What Should an IT Resume Look Like?
To make your resume look good, you should use easy-to-read fonts, evenly-set margins, consistent line spacing, clear section headings, and enough white space. Besides that, your resume should have no photos and graphics. In addition, a good resume is ideally one page.
What Should Be Included in an IT Resume?
An Information Technology resume should be written in a proper format. It may come in different sections. Mostly, this resume starts with contact information details and continued with a resume objective, work experience, educational background, key technical skills, & references.
Who Needs to Write an IT Resume?
A student who is taking an IT-related major can use his resume. Besides that, this resume is also recommended for a fresh graduate. In addition, an experienced IT specialist is also allowed to use this resume template.
IT Resume with No Work Experience
If you have no work experience, you have to focus on your education and skills to impress your potential employer. In the education section, you can include your GPA and honors. On the skills section, make sure that your skills meet the requirements for the position you are applying for.
IT Resume Template Word
If you want to write a resume for an IT job quickly and effortlessly, we recommend you use an editable template. This resume template is not only easy to read but also easy to edit. So, you can adjust this resume template to your own qualifications and match it with the job posting.
IT Resume for College
This resume can be used by anyone. If you are a college student, this resume will be useful and helpful. Whether you want to continue your study or are looking for a job, just feel free to use this resume. This resume is designed for any job that relates to IT like a network operation monitoring technician.
Resume for IT First Job
To help you to get your first job in the IT industry, we provide this resume. If this is the first time you look for job experience, you have to optimize your skills. Your resume will stand out from the competition if you have unique skills where other candidates do not have.
IT Resume Sample
This resume is simple and flexible. You cannot only understand it but also edit it easily. This resume sample is written by a professional writer with a proper format, good grammar, and correct spelling. So, make sure that you follow its format!
IT Resume Example
This is a good example for you who want to write a solid resume. You can get inspired by this resume example. So, don’t hesitate to use this example for writing your own resume!
Free IT Resume Template
This resume template is 100% free to use. Anyone can use this resume template, especially for an IT job. Whether you want to apply for an entry-level job or a higher position, this resume template will help you a lot.
Now, it is your time to write an IT resume. After taking advantage of the sample & tips above, you have to be able to write a resume in a proper format. A good resume should contain a few sections containing key information that demonstrates the candidate’s strengths.
IT resume should be able to impress a hiring employer so that it must be written properly. How to write a solid resume for an IT job is explained here.