PSYOP jobs available
The US military continues to require new civilian expertise in the PSYOP/MISO area. For those of you who may be interested in career opportunities, be sure to have your resume and other related data posted on LinkedIn.com, and to join the PSYOP group, which requires permission. You have to sign into LinkedIn first. To find the PSYOP group, click on “Groups” at the toolbar on the top of the LinkedIn page, and then click on “Groups Directory” in the pull-down menu, type in PSYOP, and you know how to do the rest.
PSYOP group members get regular updates on job opportunities.
Today’s posting contains the following job description. It’s a pretty basic, entry-level position, but a good one to get your foot in the door and get deployed to Afghanistan. Some higher-level and more challenging positions have also been posted in the past week.
I am not connected with the contractor in any way, but am just passing this information to my students for your edification:
Strategic Communications Planner – Lines of Operations (LOO) – OCONUS – Secret clearance required
Leonie, an international, woman-owned strategic communication company specializing in reaching target audiences in challenging locations with global media solutions including region-specific research and planning, worldwide media production and distribution, digital media and creative services, and cultural advisory services is looking for a qualified Strategic Communications Planner – Lines of Operations (LOO) – OCONUS.
• Understanding of Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)
• Understanding PSYOP/MISO Planning process
• Experience with PSYOP/MISO planning at the operational level
• Demonstrated proficiency in both oral and written communications
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and adapt planning to mission requirements
• Ability to critically review and analyze issues in an vague, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous environment
• MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Good listener and ability to translate loose guidance and meet desired effect of the client
• Bachelors or Masters degree in history, sociology, psychology, political science, etc.
• CGSC or equivalent preferred
• PSYOP/MISO Officers Qualification Course or FA30 IO Qualification Course
• Kabul, Afghanistan
Leonie Industries offers you the opportunity to join an innovative, well respected organization and collaborate with industry experts and exceptional individuals. We provide a competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply online via our website at http://www.leoindus.com/careers . Please provide a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations as you create your Leonie Industries profile.