Before writing a business letter, you need to know various things about the format used, one of which is to use the block format. As the most common and professional format in business letters, it’s great and easy to implement. That way, the application you write will look elegant. In this article, we will invite you to discuss more a full block format cover letter, so keep reading.’
What Is Full Block Format?
Cover letters that use a block format retain some important elements, such as salutation, letter body, date, contact information, and closing. However, the letter has one space (except for spaces between paragraphs, above and below the date, and below the greeting and signature).
- 5+ Call Sheet Template Sample
- 5+ Business Card Templates
- 4+ User Story Templates
- 6+ Business Model Canvas Template
- 4+ Time Card Template Samples
What Are Tips To Write A Good Cover Letter?
Before writing a cover letter, you must draft several important things such as the elements that you must include in the letter. Here is a brief review:
- The first paragraph of your letter can contain the introduction and purpose for you to contact the person. Explain that you intend to apply for a job position at the company.
- In the second paragraph, you need to explain specific and detailed information about yourself. In this section, you can enter some of your qualifications, experience, and other skills that can support your application.
- In the last paragraph, you can indicate that you are waiting for the interview and include contact information that can be contacted.
In addition, for the salutation section at the beginning, you must use a formal letter format. If you do not know the name of the person you are talking to, you can write “To Whom It May Concern”, because that is still acceptable. Write your full block format cover letter carefully and concisely so that it doesn’t seem overwhelming.
Full Block Format Cover Letter Example
Below is an example of a cover letter that uses a full block. The job that is applied is as a makeup artist, of course, it can be customized based on the job you want to apply for.
Dear Ms. Winslet,
I am writing to inform you that I am interested in applying for a position as a makeup artist at your beauty salon. I have read all the qualifications you need, and I feel that mine will fit your needs.
I took formal education specifically about make-up, even I have had work experience in the beauty field since I was at university. My ability to give make-up is undoubtedly proven by my three best models who won the top 10 in the beauty competition.
I am friendly, polite, and able to communicate well. I know how to make clients feel comfortable during the treatment process. I also include reference letters from clients who are satisfied with the way I treat them in the beauty salon.
With all my qualifications, I hope you are willing to consider my application. Please feel free to call me at (444)-4444-444 if you want to discuss further ab skills.
In conclusion, a full block format cover letter is considered as a professional format to apply for a job. Hope our brief explanation and sample above can help you a lot.