A university or college rarely reverses a decision to let a student to be admitted. But if your application is rejected, you will need to write an admission appeal letter especially if there is something changed since you applied. In this article, we will guide you how to create such a letter.
Why Needs an Admission Appeal Letter?
Sometimes, applying an admission doesn’t end with an acceptance. If your college rejects it, this kind of letter will be useful to have a chance to get your rights. So, it is very important for a student to be able to write such a letter properly.
- Avery Printable Templates
- 10+ Church newsletter example psd design
- Printable Auto Bill Of Sale Form
- 10+ Mask free template in PSD
- 10+ Candy bar wrapper example psd design
What to Include in an Admission Appeal Letter?
This kind of letter should come with your original application number. Besides that, it should also contain your social security number. In addition, all contact information like home address, telephone number, & email address must be included, too.
How to Create an Admission Appeal Letter
How to create such a letter can be done with the following steps:
- In the first paragraph, you have to explain the class or semester for which you request a grade change, withdrawal, or other requests clearly.
- In the second paragraph, you need to state the reasons for the grade change, withdrawal, or other requests.
- In the third paragraph, you should describe supporting documents you include with your appeal.
- In the last paragraph, close it politely.
- Don’t forget to put your signature & name.
Tips to Create an Admission Appeal Letter
Here are some tips for creating this kind of letter:
- Research the process of the school’s appeals.
- Submit your appeal soon.
- Fight your battle.
- Provide all facts & be specific.
- Do not be afraid to get personal.
- Do not be accusatory to the admissions office.
Admission Appeal Letter Sample
The following sample can be your reference:
Dear Dr. Barta,
I’m Thomas (application 12345) & I want to provide updated info to appeal my initial rejection for admission to MM City University. I’m sure that was rejected due to my low SAT scores.
For your information, I had a fever and flu on October 1st, 2020 when I took the SAT. My SAT scores that day didn’t indicate my capability. I retook the SAT a month later and my SAT scores were increased significantly.
I also organized a dog show as an Alfa Club project. It was a great success & we raised $ 20,000 to contribute to our Humane Society. I won the community service award.
I realize that it is seldom to have an application rejection overturned. However, I felt that I must try. I’ll appreciate your consideration greatly. I also promise you that I’ll work exceedingly hard if admitted. I’ll also be an exemplary student at MM City University.
That is all about an admission appeal letter. If you face the similar situation, you have to be able to write such a letter on your own in the proper format. You can follow the sample above for your reference.