If you are a teacher, you have to communicate to your students’ parents regularly to keep them up to date on happenings & progress. If you decide to resign from your position, you will need to write and send a teacher resignation letter to parents.
What Is a Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents?
This is a kind of letter stating that you are going to resign from your position as a teacher. This letter is written by a teacher and sent to the parents of students you teach. This letter can be used as a professional way to say goodbye to your students and their parents.
What to Include in a Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents?
Such a letter should contain the following parts:
- A salutation or greeting
- An introduction
- The body of the letter
- A closing or concluding paragraph
- Your signature
How to Write a Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents
How to write such a letter can be done with the following steps:
- First of all, you have to make a brief introduction.
- After that, you should directly state that you are resigning.
- If applicable, you can state your replacement teacher.
- Then, tell the parents that they can contact you before you resign if they have questions to ask.
- Next, assure them that you actually enjoy teaching their children & will greatly miss them.
- Last of all, thank the parents for understanding & sign off the letter.
Tips for Writing a Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents
The following tips will be useful for you who want to write such a letter:
- You may address it individually or collectively.
- It is a must to follow the proper format.
- Directly tell them that you will no longer teach their children.
- Keep it brief, concise, and easy to understand.
- Don’t forget to thank them.
- Proofread it before sending.
A Sample of a Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents
If you need a sample for a teacher resignation letter, you can see below:
I regretfully inform you that I’m going to resign from my teaching position at BDC Elementary School next month. I’ll move with my family to New York due to my wife’s work situation. I’ll search for a new teaching job there. I’ll miss you & your children.
Mr. Bilton will replace my position. He is a qualified teacher and I believe that he will do a good job. He’ll introduce himself to you soon. If you have questions, just feel free to call me at (111)-111-1111. You can also contact me via email at email@example.com.
I love your children very well. However, I have to leave them. I hope, I’ll have the chance to speak to each of them and each of you personally before leaving. Thank you very much for your time & effort.
Mr. Philips Robin
2nd grade teacher, BDC Elementary School
That is all about a teacher resignation letter to parents. If you face the similar situation, you must be able to write such a letter on your own by following the sample above.