- 1 Substitute Teacher Resumes with Guidelines
- 2 Sample of Substitute Teacher Resume
- 3 What Is The Best Format for a Substitute Teacher Resume?
- 4 How to Write a Resume Objective or Resume Summary
- 5 How to Show Experience on a Substitute Teacher Resume
- 6 What Experience Is Better on a Resume? Substitute Teacher or Teacher Aide?
- 6.1 Substitute Teacher Resume with No Work Experience
- 6.2 Substitute Teacher Resume Template Word
- 6.3 Substitute Teacher Resume for College
- 6.4 Resume for Substitute Teacher First Job
- 6.5 Substitute Teacher Resume Sample
- 6.6 Substitute Teacher Resume Example
- 6.7 Free Substitute Teacher Resume Template
- 6.8 Download Template
Substitute Teacher Resumes with Guidelines
If there is an available position for a substitute teacher, you should send an application letter along with a resume. So, you will have to pay attention to the following substitute teacher resumes. We will also provide you guidelines. Here, we will also discuss on how to write it properly.
Sample of Substitute Teacher Resume
The substitute teacher resume sample can be seen below:
45 Winfield Dr. Charleston, SC 75757
- Served as an assistant coach for the women’s basketball & track teams.
- Adept with Ms. Office & SMART Board Lesson Development.
- Recognized for ability to increase student participation & motivation in learning through engaging lessons as well as activities.
- Proven track record of improving the progress of struggling students & increasing class test scores.
State University of San Joe, San Joe, CA
- S. Primary Education, 2009 – 2013
Professional Teacher Standards National Board
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, March 2013
- Team leadership
- Organization & prioritization
- Tolerant & flexible
- Strong communication
- Office Suite
2019 – Present
Winfield High School, Charleston, SC
- Manage reports of travel & expense for department team members.
- Incorporate digital tech for learning activities including use of software apps and SMART board, leading to subsequent implementation by regular teacher
- Instruct English, Art, and Math to classes ranging between 14 to 25 students from grade 3 to 5.
- Engage students in “open talk times” regularly, developing team building activities which enhanced student motivation & team work by 49%.
2013 – 2019
Carolyn A. Clark Primary School, Charleston, SC
- Adhered to strict school policies & procedures regarding students with disciplinary problems.
- Assisted 3 struggling students effectively to improve literacy targets by 25%.
- Designed & implemented lesson plans which increased student engagement by 25%.
- Collaborate with regular teachers in developing plans for struggling students and also designing new activities to improve students’ learning engagement.
Employee of the Month
Carolyn A. Clark Primary School, July 2019
How to Write a Substitute Teacher Resume
To write a substitute teacher resume, you should follow these steps:
- Firstly, you will have to begin with your contact information.
- Secondly, you should list your qualification summary.
- Thirdly, you need to include your education.
- After that, you must highlight your relevant skills.
- Then, you are required to list your awards.
People also ask
What Is The Best Format for a Substitute Teacher Resume?
Here, you should use a respected format. The best choice is the reverse-chronological layout. This format shows your best qualities up front. In creating a resume, you have to use legible fonts and eye-friendly headings. It is also important to make strategic use of white space for little rests.
How to Write a Resume Objective or Resume Summary
If you have got busloads of work experience, you should create a resume summary. If your experience rides the short bus, you have to write a resume objective. How to write a resume objective or summary can be seen in the sample here.
How to Show Experience on a Substitute Teacher Resume
In this section, you have to list your most recent experience first. After that, you can add achievements from past role which show you have a teacher’s heart. Here, you use the reverse-chronological layout as the most common and acceptable format.
What Experience Is Better on a Resume? Substitute Teacher or Teacher Aide?
Adding substitute teaching to your resume will not hurt your opportunity to get a teaching job. A full-time job looks better. However, subbing role beats a resume bartending or gap. Basically, the duties of a substitute teacher are the same as full time. Therefore, go ahead & tout your subbing chops!
Substitute Teacher Resume with No Work Experience
If you are interested in a teaching job, you can start your career in teaching as a substitute job. If you have no work experience, you can use this sample for your reference in writing your own resume. Here, you just need to focus on your education and skills.
Substitute Teacher Resume Template Word
This resume template is easy to read and edit because it is available in Word. So, anyone can use it easily. If you want to write a resume for a substitute teacher position, you can use this resume template to ease your task. Then, you will be able to write your own resume much easier.
Substitute Teacher Resume for College
This substitute teacher resume template is appropriate for elementary school, high school, or even college. You just need to customize the information details based on yours. Make sure that you meet the required qualifications for the available position.
Resume for Substitute Teacher First Job
Many recruiters let job starters apply for a substitute teacher position. So, if this is your first job, you can still impress your potential employer through your resume. If you have an experience in a volunteering job or any other unpaid work experience, it is a good idea to include it on your resume.
Substitute Teacher Resume Sample
This resume sample can be used by anyone who wants to write a resume. This resume sample is editable. You can use this as your reference.
Substitute Teacher Resume Example
Writing a resume is a challenging task. So, this substitute teacher resume example will be very useful. This resume example will inspire you for writing a good resume. Your resume should grab the best first impression of the hiring employer.
Free Substitute Teacher Resume Template
Besides editable, this resume template is also free to use. Anyone who needs this template is allowed to use it anytime. With this free editable template, you will be able to write your resume effortlessly. So, it will save your time and also effort.
It is not easy to impress a hiring employer especially if you have no work experience. Even though you cannot list your experience, your resume can still stand out. Make sure that you follow these substitute teacher resumes and guidelines.