Whether you have a stressful problem in your life, a sensitive medical problem, or an unpleasant work situation, there may be a time when you want to leave your job without giving your reasons to anyone. You can do this professionally by sending a resignation letter due to personal reasons to your employer.
How Do I Explain Leaving a Job for Personal Reasons?
If you are asked “why do you want to leave your job?” you must explain your reasons clearly. Besides that, you also have to keep the answer short. In addition, you should also stay positive. Then, you need to be honest and not being too detailed, too.
You can write the explanation with your own words. Even though it still relates to your personal reasons, you have to keep it polite. If you are bored with your current job or company, you still need to stay positive.
What to Include in a Resignation Letter Due o Personal Reasons
This kind of letter should include a few elements:
- A greeting or salutation
- The specific date when you are going to leave the company
- The clear reasons why you would like to resign from your current job
- Help offer to your employer
- A closing or concluding paragraph
- Your signature
How to Create a Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons
Here is the detailed step by step how to make such a letter:
- First of all, you have to make a brief introduction.
- Second of all, you need to state your resignation clearly and politely.
- After that, you should write a personal reason why you are resigning.
- Then, you must thank to the hiring manager for his/her understanding.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to put your signature.
Tips to Create a Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons
The following tips will be useful for creating this kind of letter:
- Use clear & concise language.
- Focus on your personal reasons.
- Keep it concise and brief.
- Don’t forget to perform proofreading.
A Sample of a Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons
Pay attention to the following sample:
Dear Mrs. Jennifer,
I’d like to notify you that I’m resigning from my current position at your company because of my personal reasons. I’ll still work here until December 31st, 2020. Pease accept my resignation. I’ll help facilitate a transition.
Before I leave my job, I’ll complete my projects first. If I cannot, I’ll transfer them to the appropriate team. If you need a further discussion, just call me at (111)-111-1111.
I’m grateful for my experience during I work here. Wish you all the best. I hope your company continues its success after my resignation. Thank you very much for your understanding. Hopefully, you’ll find the right person to replace my position soon.
That is all about a resignation letter due to personal reasons. If you are want to write such a letter, just feel free to follow the sample provided above.