When you suffer the moisture of realizing that what you think is a great job comes with a hostile work environment, you can find it too much to bear. Here, you may decide to hand in your resignation. For a gracious exit, you will need to create a resignation letter due to hostile work environment.
- 1 What Is a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment?
- 2 What to Include in a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment?
- 3 How to Make a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment
What Is a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment?
This is a kind of letter stating that you want to resign from your current job because of the hostile work environment. If you don’t feel comfortable with your work environment, it is time to write such a letter. Then, you can find a new job with the more comfortable environment.
What to Include in a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment?
When you make such a letter, make sure that you include the following key elements:
- Salutation or greeting to your boss
- Resignation statement
- Effective date of your resignation
- Your contact details
- A closing paragraph
- Your signature
How to Make a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment
If you want to make such a letter, you should follow these steps:
- Firstly, greet your employer.
- In the first paragraph, you have to directly state that you will resign from your current job.
- Then, explain that your resignation is due to hostile work environment.
- After that, you should provide your contact details.
- In the last paragraph, thank your employer for his/her understanding.
- End the letter with your signature and name.
Tips for Making a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment
There are a few important tips to consider for you who want to make this kind of letter:
- First, you have to write in the proper format.
- Besides, pay attention to proper spelling and grammar.
- Then, it should contain a greeting, an introduction, the body of the letter, a closing, and your signature.
- In addition, keep it calm, factual, and concise.
A Sample of a Resignation Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment
Now, let’s see the following sample:
Dear Mrs. Kennedy,
I inform you that I’ll resign from my position as a project manager at your company. My resignation is due to hostile work environment I’ve experienced since I was promoted to be a project manager a few months ago. So, I cannot come to the office again under this condition. Therefore, please accept this resignation letter.
I apologize for inconvenience caused by my resignation. I hope that you can take an action to prevent this from happening to other employees. If you need to discuss it with me, just call me at (111)-111-1111.
I’m upset at this situation but I have to resign from this job. Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
That is all about a resignation letter due to hostile work environment. After paying attention to the sample above, you can follow it for your reference in writing such a letter properly.