- 1 College Resume Template to Increase Personal Value in Recruitment Process
- 2 Sample of College Resume
- 3 How to Write College Resume
- 4 What should be on a college resume?
- 5 What skills do college students need?
- 6 What to avoid in writing a college resume?
- 7 Printable College Resume Template Sample
College Resume Template to Increase Personal Value in Recruitment Process
Making a well-written college resume is an important thing to do when you follow the recruitment process. The resume will be useful to increase personal value and make you noticeable to the employer. Of course, it will ease you in getting a new job. Based on that reason, knowing more about the college resume template is needed.
Using a template is a good idea to help you create a well-written college resume. The perfect college resume template will provide the shape of a resume that you may follow. Besides, you also could understand what information that should be written there, so creating a resume will be easier to be done.
Sample of College Resume
Many samples of the college resume are available. For your consideration and source of inspiration in writing a good college resume, we have a simple sample that could be listed. Here a sample that you may follow:
9981 Yellow Street
New York, PA 188722
University of New York, New York, USA
- MA in Japanese Literature, 2019
- 7 GPA
- Thesis topic: The Traditional Japanese Culture of Women in Arthur Golden Memoir of Geisha
- Japanese International Full Scholarship, 2018
University of Philadelphia, PA
- BA in Japanese Literatur, 2016
- 4 GPA
- Durham Foundation Full Scholarship, 2015
New Era Magazine, Boston, MA
Editor Internship, May-July 2018
- Shadowed the managing editor
- Helped the writers of the magazine with some researches
- Proofread the articles before publishing
Japanese Traditional Food, PA
A waitress, January 2015 – June 2018
- Developed a better communication skill by handling the order from the customers to the kitchen
- Provided great customer service in a face-paced environment
- Developed time management with kinds of deadlines
- Built excellent job controlling with a team
- Leadership experience
- Japanese and English fluency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong work ethic
- Great time management
- Effective working with a team
Activities and Associations
- Silver medalist in Japanese debate, 2015, 2016
- Runner up, Japanese storytelling competition, 2017
- Section leader and member, New York Youth Choir, 2016 – 2019
Hobbies and Interest
- Passionate outdoorswoman
- Volunteer at several organizations
- Reading kinds of book, especially about social issues and literature
How to Write College Resume
The complete college resume template will ease you in creating the college resume. However, knowing some tips to make the resume is also needed. Here are some tips to ease you in writing a college resume that you may follow:
- Promote the complete work ethic
- Use action words
- Keep the resume concise by writing only important information
- Proofread the detailed resume before printing
- Format the resume properly
People also ask
What should be on a college resume?
If you see the common college resume template, there are some parts or key sections to be included in constructing the student resume, as:
- Contact information
- Work experience
- Key skills
- Activities and associations
- Hobbies and interests
What skills do college students need?
There are some fundamental skills that college students need to have, as:
- Time management
- Stress management
- Study skills
- Self-care skills
- Money management
- And others
What to avoid in writing a college resume?
To write a good college resume, there are some matters to be avoided, such as:
- Using ambiguous words
- Using informal language
- Writing a too-long resume
- Do not be specific in writing the information
Kinds of College Resume Templates to Follow
Since a template can be a helper when you want to write a resume, here we have several kinds of the appropriate college resume template as your guideline. Of course, finding the most appropriate template will be very useful to ease your effort in creating a resume.
College Admission Resume Template
The admission resume template is a very inspiring document to lead the college student who wants to join with the admission. It shows the specific format of a good resume to be followed as a guideline.
College Graduate Resume Template
The college graduate resume is a very useful file to help fresh-graduated college students. This resume highlight some important information, especially about achievement and skills. Besides, this template is also useful, especially for inexperienced college students.
College Student Professional Resume Template
The professional resume here can help you to build a high personal value, especially to face the recruitment process to get a new job. The template will follow the professional arrangement, so you do not need to think about what to be written there but just follow the sample.
Entry-Level College Student Resume Template
The entry-level college student resume is the basic template that can be a real guideline for you, especially when you never make any resume before. The format of this template is very simple and clear. There is no experience to write a resume with this type and detail.
Graphic College Student Resume Template
For the graphic college student, this template is an interesting guideline to be followed. This template is quite simple with some basic shapes to show the basic information. It is a professional template to make a resume and it will emphasize your detailed skills and achievements to increase the personal value.
College Volunteer Resume Template
The recruitment of volunteers sometimes is run by some selections. If you want to be a member of a certain organization as a volunteer, then this template can be a helper. This template shape how a resume for college student should be made if they want to join as a volunteer. Just follow the shape and you will make a professional resume.
It can be said that writing the best resume is a must for college students. As we know, the result of their resume will influence their chance to join the new organization or to get a new job, as they want.
Of course, by considering some samples of the college resume template, you could get more inspiration and knowledge about what to be written inside a resume and how to write it. Just find the most appropriate template and follow its arrangement to create a professional resume, so whatever your target is, you could reach it successfully.
Printable College Resume Template Sample