There is something nostalgic and classic about the old paper texture. Whether you are designing a digital artwork or you are coming with the traditional paper-based creations, having such a unique texture can seriously improve the final outcome and flawless result. But do you know that there are so many different kinds of paper texture that can make the final finish look worn, outdated, and yet beautiful and elegant? Not to mention that there are some credible sources that you can count on.
Old Paper Appeal
We are living in the modern era where most of the written forms have been replaced by the digital formats. Books, magazines, and newspapers are available in both traditional and digital formats although today’s modern people may prefer the digital ones. But then again, looking at the worn and distressed old paper will bring some good memories. As it was mentioned before, there is something familiarly nostalgic about such a texture. So, what can you expect from such a texture?
The Use of Old Paper Texture
You are probably wondering, “What can I do or make with the old paper texture? What kind of creations that I can make?” Well, you’d be surprised to know that there are tons of items that you can make.
- You can use the texture as the background for many of your art projects. When you are making a vintage-themed photo album, feel free to use the texture as the background. It will look great, especially if you can combine it with the black and white photos.
- You can use it for making cards – any cards that you want. Simply print the image, and you will have a stylish looking card with the crumpled effect. You don’t necessarily have to crumple the paper just to create a distressed look.
- You can include it in any project that you want. Whether you are making a printed flyer or brochure, having a little part of the texture can seriously improve the good-looking effect. Feel free to use only a little part or a large one.
Various Types of Distressed and Old Paper Form
As it was mentioned before, there are different kinds of styles when it comes to old paper texture. The distressed and vintage paper with crumpled effect is one example of how good looking the style can be.
- Grunge textures which may include elements such as stained paper, ripped cardboard, rough cardboard, or washed out paper.
- Vintage textures which also includes vintage-looking frames combined with the distressed paper effect
- Paper bundle texture which looks like as if someone has made a paper wad from it and then straighten it out again.
- Old paper form with light colors.
- Folded paper texture which is almost similar to the paper bundle type
Naturally, you can always create the paper effect by yourself. After all, there are so many modern and helpful programs (like Photoshop) to help you with the creation. But if you don’t have the time, you can always make use of the old paper texture template to make everything easier.