- 1 Makeup Artist Resumes and Free Editable Template
- 2 Sample of Makeup Artist Resume
- 3 How to Write a Makeup Artist Resume
- 4 What Are the Duties of a Makeup Artist?
- 5 What Skills Does a Makeup Artist Need?
- 6 How Do You Make Your Makeup Artist Resume Stand Out?
- 7 Makeup Artist Resume with No Work Experience
Makeup Artist Resumes and Free Editable Template
Being a makeup artist is not only challenging but also fun. So, you have to really impress your potential employer through a resume. When it comes to makeup artist resumes, you can find many samples on the internet. Here, you can find a simple example and useful tips that will guide you.
Sample of Makeup Artist Resume
For your reference, you can pay attention to a makeup artist resume sample below:
10 Hood Ave., Poway, CA 55292
Creative makeup artist with 5 years’ experience applying makeup to salon customers and performers. Aiming to leverage my experience and knowledge of creating natural & avant-grade looks to fill the Theatrical Makeup Artist role in your company. Have a Bachelors of Art in Theatre Studies & certificate in Makeup Artistry.
Makeup Artistry – 150 hrs
Bachelors of Art in Theatre Studies
California State University
2011 – 2015
- POS Software
- Time Management
- Color effects
- Wigs & prosthetics
Performance Makeup Artist
JJ Studio, Poway, CA – 2017 to present
- Order cosmetics & maintain stock of more than 450 kinds of products
- Remove makeup & advise artists regarding skin care
- Liaise with directors to develop unique looks for hundreds of characters based on scripts creative analysis
- Maintain consistent character aesthetics & duplicate daily makeup work
- Apply makeup to enhance the actors’ appearance in stage & TV performances after assessing their skin type carefully
Gold Boutique Salon, Boston, MA – 2016 to 2017
- Acquired knowledge of 17 different brands of makeup & their associated product lines
- Booked appointments & built relationships with clients using the registration system of the salon
- Represented the national industry events
- Recommended makeup products to customers & made sales at 30% of my appointments
- Focused on eyelashes, eyebrows, & color work
- Applied makeup to clients before special events like weddings
Best Student Makeup 2015 at California State University
How to Write a Makeup Artist Resume
To write a resume for a makeup artist, you will need to add a few key sections. The step by step can be seen below:
- Firstly, open your resume with your contact information!
- Secondly, write your professional profile in brief!
- Thirdly, you should make a list of your education.
- After that, don’t forget to highlight your experience in details!
- Then, you can add other needed sections such as awards, relevant skills, etc.
People also ask
What Are the Duties of a Makeup Artist?
A makeup artist has the responsibility to enhance facial aesthetics through makeup, consult with clients & create custom looks based on their specifications, remove makeup after usage on film sets, work with actors on movie sets, and take lighting & set into account when applying makeup.
What Skills Does a Makeup Artist Need?
To be a makeup artist, you will need the ability to use your initiative, excellent skills in verbal communication, to be flexible & open to change, to be thorough & pay attention to detail, the ability to work with others well, the ability to work with your hands well, and knowledge & skills in design.
How Do You Make Your Makeup Artist Resume Stand Out?
Your resume will stand out from the competition if you follow a professional format & structure. Besides that, you also have to use good grammar & correct spelling. In addition, you also need to be honest when writing your resume. One more, it is better to use an editable makeup artist resume template.
Makeup Artist Resume with No Work Experience
If you are experienced in this role, your task will be easier to make an impressive resume. It will be more challenging to write a good resume if you have no work experience. However, this resume can be useful for you who have no experience but want to be a makeup artist.
Makeup Artist Resume Template Word
This resume template is easy to edit because it is available in Word. So, you are allowed to tailor it to your needs. Make sure that you write your resume based on your own qualifications. You also need to pay attention to the requirements on the job post.
Makeup Artist Resume for College
Whether you want a full-time job or a freelance job as a makeup artist, this resume will be helpful. This is appropriate for a student at a college with relevant background. If you are planning to graduate soon, don’t forget to include your expected graduation on your resume.
Resume for Makeup Artist First Job
This resume is not only designed for an experienced makeup artist but also a fresh graduate. So, if you are just looking for your first job as a makeup artist, just feel free to use this resume. It is a good idea to add any unpaid work experience that is relevant to the position you are applying for.
Makeup Artist Resume Sample
This resume sample is designed for anyone who is interested in a makeup artist position. Writing a good resume is the first step to do. With this sample, you will be able to make an impressive resume. So, you can convince the hiring employer that you are a good candidate.
Makeup Artist Resume Example
If you need the reference, a makeup artist resume example above can inspire and guide you. The resume example is simple and easy to understand. This resume can also be used for any other job position. You just need to adjust it to the job you want to apply for.
Free Makeup Artist Resume Template
If you want a free resume for a makeup artist, this template is what you need. This resume template is not only free to use but also easy to edit. You can also add other sections based if required. To impress your potential employer, it is very important to emphasize your experience.
After paying attention to the makeup artist resumes and tips above, now it is your turn to practice writing your own resume. Hopefully, you can get your desired job as a makeup artist.