- 1 Free Editable Legal Resume Template
- 2 Sample of Legal Resume
- 3 How to Write a Legal Resume
- 4 What Is a Legal Resume Important?
- 5 How Many Pages Should a Legal Resume Be?
- 6 How Do You Make Your Legal Resume Stand Out?
- 7 What Skills Are Required for a Legal?
- 8 Legal Resume with No Work Experience
Free Editable Legal Resume Template
Working in a legal industry belongs to many people’s dreams. However, not many people are competent to work as a legal. Writing a strong legal resume is the first step you will have to do if you want this job. So, we will guide you through the following example and tips.
Sample of Legal Resume
Below is an example of a legal assistant resume. You can use this for your reference:
Main Street, Anchorage, AL 55292
Competent & efficient Legal Assistant with 4 years’ experience providing exceptional administrative support to different attorneys.
University of Coral Springs
July 2013 – March 2017
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information System
JJ Company, Legal Assistant, August 2019 – current
- Transcribe dictation & review or prioritize incoming mail
- Communicate with judges, law clerks, court personnel, attorneys, and clients effectively
- Maintain calendar for filing deadlines, court hearings, depositions, meetings, & conference calls
- Draft discovery requests, including those for production, copies, admissions, and interrogatories
- Prepare pleadings & motions, schedule depositions, make filings with courts, and organize documents
ABC Group, Legal Secretary, April 2017 – May 2019
- Prepared closing documents for settled claims
- Communicated with clients heavily to prepare pleadings for filing
- Maintained calendars & heavy call volume
- Prepared, edited, & formatted motions
- Formulated discovery plans with attorneys
- Time Matters
- 75 WPM
How to Write a Legal Resume
After paying attention to the legal resume sample above, now you have to be able to write your own resume. There are a few tips to follow:
- First of all, you need to select the right format. Usually, a chronological format is the most often chosen.
- Second of all, you have to highlight in-demand skills including your soft & hard skills.
- Third of all, you should include certifications. These usually belong to your education section.
- After that, you must emphasize your relevant experience.
- For the next step, you can tailor your resume to ensure that all the information provided is right.
People also ask
What Is a Legal Resume Important?
You may have legal-related education, skills, and experience. However, finding another job is not easy. Your potential employer will notice your qualifications only from a resume. That is why you have to write a strong resume for a legal position to get this job.
How Many Pages Should a Legal Resume Be?
For a law student or junior lawyer, a one-page resume is the most ideal option. For most lawyers with a few work experiences, their resumes can be 2 or 3 pages. The length of the resume depends on how much information you want to provide, especially your work experience.
How Do You Make Your Legal Resume Stand Out?
Following the proper format is not enough when it comes to an impressive legal resume template. Your resume should be creative and unique. It means you must demonstrate unique skills other candidates don’t have. However, you still need to be honest in providing any information on your resume.
What Skills Are Required for a Legal?
A legal job position requires a few key skills. Some of the most important skills for a legal job position include WPM, computer skills, and a few applications or software. In addition, multitasking, as well as time management, will also be good skills that add to your personality when applying for a legal.
Legal Resume with No Work Experience
Is it ok to apply for a legal job position with no work experience? Even though work experience is very important, it doesn’t mean that this factor is the only consideration. If you are just starting your career, you can still impress a hiring manager with any unpaid work such as volunteering, internships, etc.
Legal Resume Template Word
This legal resume template Word is editable. So, you just need to follow its format and then write based on your own resume summary, education, experience, skills, and other qualifications. This resume template can also be used for any other job position because it is easy to edit.
Legal Resume for College
This resume, designed for a legal job position, is appropriate for an experienced person. However, this resume can also be helpful for a fresh graduate or even an undergraduate. For you who are a college student, you can use this resume for continuing your education or applying for a legal job.
Resume for Legal First Job
If you are looking for your first job as a legal, this resume will help you a lot. Because this resume is editable, you can focus on your education. Besides that, you may also emphasize your key skills. So, you can still impress a hiring employer without any work experience to be included on your resume.
Legal Resume Sample
It is very important to use a good sample for writing a resume, especially when it comes to a legal job position. This sample can inspire you how to format & structure a strong resume. Make sure that you provide information on each section based on your own qualifications!
Legal Resume Example
For you who are looking for an example of a legal resume, you can find it here. You don’t need to spend time to find other examples because this one is enough for you. This resume uses a professional format so that most recruiters will accept it. You just need to match this resume to the job posting.
Free Legal Resume Template
Creating a good resume doesn’t require you to spend a lot of time. With this 100% free template, you can create a strong resume for free. Even more, you will also save a lot of effort & time because this template is also easy to edit.
If you have never written a legal resume, you can follow the sample template above. A good resume contains a few sections containing important information demonstrating your qualifications. The sample above can guide you on how to write a resume for a legal job position in a proper manner.