An employee who fails to report to work on time threatens the productivity of a company or department. Sometimes, an absentee employee is fired after the first absence while the absentee policy is more lenient. You should create a job abandonment termination letter to end the relationship professionally.
Is Job Abandonment the Same as Quitting?
Job abandonment happens when an employee doesn’t report to work as scheduled. Besides, it also doesn’t have intention of returning to the job. However, it doesn’t notify the manager of his/her intention to quit.
How Do You Terminate an Employee for Job Abandonment?
In this case, you will have to notify your employee by letter. In the letter, you should state that you will terminate the employment if he/she failed to contact and inform you about circumstances that could have an impact on if they are terminated.
How to Create a Job Abandonment Termination Letter
Here is how to create such a letter in step by step:
- This kind of letter should start with the statement of termination.
- After that, you have to state the date of termination.
- Then, what you need to write is the evidence that is compiled by the company.
- Next, you must also include relevant information according to the last paycheck of the employee.
- In the end, close the letter politely.
- Finally, end the letter with your signature & name.
Tips for Creating a Job Abandonment Termination Letter
Below are some tips in creating such a letter:
- First, it must be written by the company owner, the HR department member, or the manager.
- Besides that, it should only contain factual information only.
- In addition, make sure that you include all the needed details.
- This letter also has to follow the proper format.
- One more, proofread it before sending the letter.
Job Abandonment Termination Letter Sample
We provide you a sample as seen below:
Dear Mr. Tomi,
This letter informs you that your employment with Transformer Services Inc. will be terminated on December 31st, 2020 because your supervisor reports you that you didn’t report to work for more than 3 days and you didn’t explain it. Mr. Lenn tried to reach you via phone but you didn’t answer his call. Therefore, we’ve decided that you’ve abandoned your position with us.
Please call me at (111)-111-1111 to arrange a meeting and return the company property. We indicate that you bring a company cell phone, a company credit card, and a company laptop. If you don’t return them within a week of letter receipt, we consider that you steal those items.
If you feel that you have a reason for your absence, you can meet our HRD and explain it tomorrow. If you cannot meet our HRD, you can call him via phone.
Mrs. Brinet Tessa
That is all about a job abandonment termination letter. After paying attention to the guidelines and a sample above, you can try writing such a letter on your own. The sample above will surely help you a lot.