- 1 Impressive High School Resumes for Any Job Position
- 2 Sample of Impressive High School Resume
- 3 How to Write an Impressive High School Resume
- 4 What Is the Best Format for a High School Student Resume?
- 5 How Long Should a High School Resume Be?
- 6 How to Make Your High School Resume Stand Out over Other Candidates’
- 7 How to Put Contact Information on a High School Resume
- 8 How to Write a High School Resume Objective
Impressive High School Resumes for Any Job Position
When you are a student at high school, writing a resume may seem daunting. It seems impossible to demonstrate your aptitude for the job while you have no formal work experience (even though you may have ones. Now, let’s pay attention to the following impressive high school resumes!
Sample of Impressive High School Resume
Below is an impressive high school resume sample:
Wind Street, Charleston, SC 22222
Ambitious and responsible student (3.85/4.0 GPA) with great time management. Seeking to apply my customer service as well as event/project planning skills to the summer internship of Business Development at your company. Have strong work ethic and communication skills that will aid your company in meeting its goals.
Harrison High School – Charleston, SC
- Relevant Coursework: Computer Applications, Entrepreneurship, Intro to Business
- GPA 3.85/4.0
ABC Children’s Hospital
Information Desk Assistant, June 2019 – present
- Greet hospital visitors & patients and provide guidance for finding the appropriate patient room, various departments, or clinic.
- Process & distribute newspapers and mail to patient rooms.
- Help wheelchair-bound patients to reach their desired destinations.
OnePlus Homeless Shelter
Volunteer, May 2017 – December 2018
- Organized a canned food drive which collected 350+ cans in a month (December 2017).
- Helped in biweekly meal preparation & lunch service on Fridays.
- Processed incoming food donations & organized food pantry, developing new system for grouping items by expiration to reduce monthly food waste by 20%.
- American Business Professionals
- National Honor Society
- Student Council – Secretary
- Model United Nations – President
- Public speaking
- Project planning and budgeting
- Customer service skills
- Goode Suite
- Excellent typist: 80+ wpm
- French – Conversational
Awards & Honors
- Academic Honor Roll
- National Merit Scholarship Finalist
How to Write an Impressive High School Resume
Writing a high school resume requires you to do the following steps:
- Firstly, start with your contact information!
- Secondly, write an impressive resume objective!
- Thirdly, list your extracurricular activities and volunteer experiences!
- After that, add your relevant coursework!
- Then, highlight your skills!
- If any, you can include awards & honors.
People also ask
What Is the Best Format for a High School Student Resume?
A high school student resume should be written in an appropriate format. Here, it is best to use the chronological format. It keeps your resume like a Trapper Keeper. Most HR staff and hiring employers like this format because it is very familiar.
How Long Should a High School Resume Be?
The best idea is a one-page resume. However, you are also allowed to add a second page if you have many activities and job experience. However, simpler is always better because a longer resume will make it boring. Employers always prefer simple and concise resumes.
How to Make Your High School Resume Stand Out over Other Candidates’
You have to make an outline first. Besides that, you also must add your relevant skills. In writing your resume, it is better to use action words. In addition, you have to keep it short. Before sending it along with your application letter, make sure to proofread it first!
How to Put Contact Information on a High School Resume
This kind of resume should be started with your contact information. This section should contain your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. If required, you can also add your web URL and social media for extra information.
How to Write a High School Resume Objective
A good high school resume should contain a resume objective. In fact, high school students usually have no work experience. A resume objective should explain your goals, the position, and your hope. However, you should write a resume summary if you have ever worked before.
High School Resume with No Work Experience
This high school resume template is for high school students who have no work experience. If you are a student and have no work experience at all, you have to create a resume objective here. Besides, you also don’t need to write an experience section.
High School Resume Template Word
For high school students who want to write resumes, this template will help you a lot. This resume template comes in Word format that lets you edit it. So, you can adjust it to your education, skills, awards, etc. and make your resume stand out to impress your potential employer.
High School Resume for College
This resume can also be used by high school and college students or even anyone else because it is customizable. It means you can customize it to fit your needs. You just need to edit each section based on your own qualification. One thing to keep in mind is that you must be honest.
Resume for High School Student First Job
Are you a high school student who is looking for your first job? This resume sample will be appropriate for you. This resume sample uses an appropriate format & structure so that your potential employer will certainly accept and love it. Then, you will have a good opportunity to get hired by the hiring employer.
High School Resume Example
If this is the first time you want to write a resume, you will need to pay attention to this resume example. You can follow its format and write a resume on your own. This resume example will inspire you to write an impressive resume. Then, you can send it along with your job application letter.
Free High School Resume Template
Writing a resume is not easy. If you are searching a template for a high school resume, this one is what you need. This resume template is free to use. Anyone who wants to write a resume is allowed to use this template. You can use it anytime you want.
Your potential employer will know about your qualifications only from your resume, especially if you are a high school student with lack of work experience. So, impressive high school resumes are required. Writing a good resume will be an effective way to make your potential employer impressed with you.